Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hi again!

fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
Hi everyone!

I used to be a lot more active, but unfortunately got busy with university and then work over the summer, I am trying to be more active again as I have missed using this platform; discussing interests as well as being part of an online community that is so supportive and positive.

So I thought I would reintroduce myself, I will be returning to university soon (studying Psychology with Forensic Psychology), which I am excited for. I want to try and prioritise my interests more this academic year, I enjoy reading (I have read 133 books this year so far!), I’m currently reading Offside by Avery Keelan. I also enjoy arts and crafts, I enjoy acrylic painting and have been enjoying making friendship bracelets with embroidery thread recently 😊

Hope everyone is well and had a good summer!

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,064 Wise Owl
    Hi @fiona333 and welcome back -it sounds like you've been busy with the reading. And I thought I had read a lot (about 30 books this year) but 133 is super impressive.

Glad your back and hopefully we see you around on the boards more again in the near future

Sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    hey @fiona333 that is a very impressive amount of books read! do you have a favourite?
  • Options
    @sinead276 thank you! I only really got into reading regularly about 10 months ago, before that reading 5 books a year was so impressive for me 😅 so I think 30 is really good too 😊

What kind of book do you like?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Hi @Katie12 thank you! I really enjoyed Binding 13 & Keeping 13 by Chloe Walsh. It’s part of the ongoing Boys of Tommen series, set in 2005, south of Ireland. The duet starts with Shannon who joins the private school Tommen, after severe bullying at her previous public school. On her first day, she catches the attention of Johnny, who’s popular and very talent rugby star, but is hiding his difficult recovery from an injury. Their story is a sweet, painful, funny, heartbreaking and wholesome. It’s a slow burn but definitely worth it, and also love the found family aspect of their friendship group. The books recently got traditionally published!

@Katie12 do you enjoy reading also, or having any other hobbies?
    Post edited by fiona333 on
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @fiona333 Welcome you again!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    fiona333 wrote: »
    Hi @Katie12 thank you! I really enjoyed Binding 13 & Keeping 13 by Chloe Walsh. It’s part of the ongoing Boys of Tommen series, set in 2005, south of Ireland. The duet starts with Shannon who joins the private school Tommen, after severe bullying at her previous public school. On her first day, she catches the attention of Johnny, who’s popular and very talent rugby star, but is hiding his difficult recovery from an injury. Their story is a sweet, painful, funny, heartbreaking and wholesome. It’s a slow burn but definitely worth it, and also love the found family aspect of their friendship group. The books recently got traditionally published!

@Katie12 do you enjoy reading also, or having any other hobbies?

oooo that sounds good! I am reading where the crawdads sings atm and really enjoying it. I am trying to get back into reading so hopefully I'll read a few more soon! I mostly enjoy watching TV and I am rewatching greys anatomy atm :)
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hi again @fiona333 its sounds like you are a very busy person lately and you have got some lovely interests. I love reading too eventhough most of the time I am busy with sorting out stuff for work but I do love a good read. <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 107 The Mix Convert
    Welcome backkk then !! It's awesome to have you back @fiona333 , and remember you can login as little or as much as you can, as long as you're engaging positively with the community! We are here whenever you'd need anything!
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 614 Incredible Poster
    Welcome back @fiona333, it is great to have you here <3. I'd love to get started with acrylic painting, do you have any tips? :3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,064 Wise Owl
    fiona333 wrote: »
    @sinead276 thank you! I only really got into reading regularly about 10 months ago, before that reading 5 books a year was so impressive for me 😅 so I think 30 is really good too 😊

What kind of book do you like?

i do love a good romance book tbh. the boys of tommen series you were on about in your comment to katy are actually books I'm wanting to read once I get round to it. All though the list of books I wanna read are never ending at the moment :3
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 462 Listening Ear
    Hi @fiona333! Welcome back, it's great to see you! It's incredible that you enjoy acrylic painting! I used to paint with acrylic during my GCSE Fine Art days - but nowadays I have no time to paint sadly :( I really miss painting! I hope pursuing your interests this year goes well for you! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hey @fiona333 ! It’s great to have you back here - your degree and hobbies sound incredibly interesting - I love reading too but not sure I could manage 133 in 9 months, that’s very impressive!
    I look forward to seeing you around☺️
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    Hi @Gemma, thank you! I would say the amount of water you have on your brush has a big effect on the layers and textures you can create, many people find dry brushing (using no water) can create lots of depth, but I have yet to master this!
  • Options
    @sinead276 I feel like buying books, reading books, and adding books to your "to-read list" are three entirely separate and different hobbies!
  • Options
    Hi @kaii thank you! I got into acrylic painting because of GCSE art, I definitely lost interest in art whilst doing it as a GCSE, as I found it forced and like work rather than something I enjoy. It is hard to make time for it and get back into the rhythm but I think once you do, it becomes a lot easier and natural!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome back @fiona333, good to hear from you again! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Welcome back @fiona333 it sounds like you've been busy lately hope you have been doing okay :)
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome back and nice 2 meet you <3
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hi @fiona333 its nice to meet you! Forensics psychology sounds very interesting! Looking forward to seeing you around. Hope you're doing alright :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    EmmaLou30EmmaLou30 Moderator Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    Welcome back @fiona333 ! I love making friendship bracelets too ! Do you follow tutorials when you make them or do you create your own patterns ? <3
    Em
    Forum Moderator
  • Options
    Hi @EmmaLou30 thank you! I follow tutorials 😅 I’m not yet skilled enough to make my own patterns.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Welcome back!

Hope your studies go well- Psychology with Forensic Psychology sounds super interesting! I also like how you make friendship bracelets- I love them! :)