Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Comfort Film/Tv shows

Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
Hiii
I was just wondering if anyone has a go to comfort show or film that they watch over and over? I always seem to go back to greys anatomy or some American comedy like Modern Family or Friends. I think i just love any show where i can get attached to the characters (and definitely way too invested) :lol:

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    edited September 2023
    I dont very much have a comfort show or film cause I struggle with like focus and such but if I had to choose either Ghostbuters, The Real Ghostbusters, or Superstore as I can have it on in the background and not worry too much about what's on the screen. I will say I should be catching up on my show Gotham which I haven't been doing lately I know I know lol I should get back into watching it. Also, The Simpsons are a good shout for me too <3 anything cartoon :lol: (I had to edit this post lol cause I can't spell xd)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Katie12 Love Grey's Anatomy! Who's your favourite character? Mine would have to be Amelia, Addison and Jo - I also like Arizona. I did like Bailey as well but I feel like she's gotten a bit mean in the recent seasons.

I also like Modern Family, my favourite character is Phil! I like Haley too. I love friends as well, especially Phoebe and Joey!
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I dont very much have a comfort show or film cause I struggle with like focus and such but if I had to choose either Ghostbuters, The Real Ghostbusters, or Superstore as I can have it on in the background and not worry too much about what's on the screen. I will say I should be catching up on my show Gotham which I haven't been doing lately I know I know lol I should get back into watching it. Also, The Simpsons are a good shout for me too <3 anything cartoon :lol: (I had to edit this post lol cause I can't spell xd)

I have never even seen one episode of the Simpsons feel like i need to give it ago and see what i am missing :lol:
  • Options
    @Katie12 Love Grey's Anatomy! Who's your favourite character? Mine would have to be Amelia, Addison and Jo - I also like Arizona. I did like Bailey as well but I feel like she's gotten a bit mean in the recent seasons.

I also like Modern Family, my favourite character is Phil! I like Haley too. I love friends as well, especially Phoebe and Joey!

They have got to be my favourite characters too! If i had to choose one I think I would have to go with Amelia, I especially lover her dark sense of humour :lol: I totally agree with you about Bailey as well, she is definitely better in the earlier seasons.
    Phil is such a great character in modern family! the first time i watched it i felt like i could never guess what his character was going to do next lol
  • Options
    Katie12 wrote: »
    Amy22 wrote: »

I have never even seen one episode of the Simpsons feel like i need to give it ago and see what i am missing :lol:

The simpsons can be quite fun to watch though I will be honest the episodes can get repetitive in storyline lol but it's a good watch. I grew up watching it on the TV lol as a kid and Bart Simpson is my favourite.
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    @Katie12 - I love Modern Family, it’s definitely one of my go-to shows when I need to be cheered up! Sometimes I watch Phil compilations on YouTube as he is just so funny😂

I love the programme Schitts Creek too, it’s great for if you need a laugh, but I sometimes watch it if I need a little cry too as it is happy-sad at times!
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    LydsRose9 wrote: »
    @Katie12 - I love Modern Family, it’s definitely one of my go-to shows when I need to be cheered up! Sometimes I watch Phil compilations on YouTube as he is just so funny😂

I love the programme Schitts Creek too, it’s great for if you need a laugh, but I sometimes watch it if I need a little cry too as it is happy-sad at times!

That is such a good idea just watching Phil compilations :lol: that character never fails to make me smile :)
    oooo i have never watched Schitts Creek before but I do love a show that will make me happy-sad cry so maybe I'll give it a go!
  • Options
    I swear I watched something on ITV2 on TV once the other day which sounded similar to schitt's creek except it was called Dawnson's Creek. Looked good too!
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    I love this thread :heart:

So my two comfort shows are defo greys anatomy and also pretty little liars. Also the film Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan is my childhood fave film that I always watch when I need cheering up. :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Stephanie wrote: »
    I love this thread :heart:

So my two comfort shows are defo greys anatomy and also pretty little liars. Also the film Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan is my childhood fave film that I always watch when I need cheering up. :smile:

I haven't thought about pretty little liars in so long! loved that show! do you have a favourite character??
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    @Katie12 , Schitts Creek is defo the one for you if you like a happy-sad cry! It ended after six seasons in 2020 and I’m still recovering😂
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @Katie12 If you like cartoon, then Steven Universe, Adventure time, Rick and Morty are all good. If you prefer long, good story, I would recommend Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and The Last Kingdom.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    LydsRose9 wrote: »
    @Katie12 , Schitts Creek is defo the one for you if you like a happy-sad cry! It ended after six seasons in 2020 and I’m still recovering😂

Hahaha! i will let you know what i think if I give it a try. sounds just like my thing though :)
  • Options
    Terry8936 wrote: »
    @Katie12 If you like cartoon, then Steven Universe, Adventure time, Rick and Morty are all good. If you prefer long, good story, I would recommend Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and The Last Kingdom.

Not a massive fan of cartoons but would always give them a try. I was thinking about starting breaking bad! heard it is good! I loved Game of Thrones when it was on!! what did you think of it?
  • Options
    omg breaking bad is something I want to watch alongside the new adventure time, better call saul is also on my list!. I just googled Adventure time Fiona and Cake and it looks good do have a mild obessession with prince bubblegum cause aww cutie
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    @Amy22 I have so many comfort shows, friends is also one of mine I have watched season 1-10 at least twice year every year since I was 14 (I actually did a friends trivia game and didn't get a single one wrong lol), I also watched big bang theory and my mad fat diary
  • Options
    @emiip98 that sounds so so good my one friend is obssesed with friends and loves Jenifer Aniston in it who plays Rachel. I need to watch Friends even though I find it hard to get into. Big bang theory is alright I find and I also need my mad fat diary put onto my watch list. I need to also finish Gotham (it got five seasons) then there is Supernatural and Torchwood might put on some Torchwood right now watch some episode 1 ah good old Ianto. Sorry had a fangirl moment there hehe!
  • Options
    @emiip98 I also like the Big Bang Theory! Have you watched Young Sheldon? It's really good and I think I might prefer it, it provides a lot of background to Sheldon's family life.
  • Options
    @emiip98 I love my mad fat diary!! watched it way too many times :lol:
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    @lunarcat522 yes watched Young Sheldon currently watching season 5 as its just come onto Netflix :)
  • Options
    @emiip98 I've just finished season 6 on all4 and I'm desperate for season 7!
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    my comfort show is definetly full house ive lost count how many times ive watched it.Has anyone else watched it before?
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 I haven't watched Full House but it's something I might consider as it does look like a very good show. I always love a show I can just have on in the background when I'm doing stuff.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,063 Wise Owl
    Oooo I'm pretty sure I've seen at leasta few episodes of most of these

I'd say my main comfort show is The Office (US) - i think its just such an easy watch and always makes me laugh
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    my comfort show is definetly full house ive lost count how many times ive watched it.Has anyone else watched it before?

I haven't watched it properly but I have got lost in episode clips on tiktok before so i definitely should give it a go!
  • Options
    @sinead276 my housemate has just started watching this so i cant get the theme tune out of my head atm! :lol:
    have you seen the UK version as well or just the US
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,063 Wise Owl
    @Katie12 - i've seen both but i preferred the US one. It might be because there is so many more episodes in the US version.

And I've gotta agree that once you've heard the theme tune once, it's stuck in your head all day
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »

@ebyrne556 I love full house! Have you seen fuller house? It's like a spin off but the characters are grown up, but Ashley and Elizabeth Olsen aren't on for Michelle as they didn't want to do it. Definitely prefer the original though
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Love this thread, such a lovely idea. I'm always looking for new comfort shows or films to watch.

For me it's Gilmore Girls and I also love Full House too <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤