Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hello :))

Alwayshope2dayAlwayshope2day Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
Hello everyone!

Very happy to have arrived at this wonderful, supportive space.
I'm a lover of books, poetry, art, and science! My idea of a great evening is curled up on a beanbag with a cup of tea and a warm blanket- sounds boring, but it's a space that is truly good for the soul- just like this one! :))

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hi @Alwayshope2day welcome to the mix <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @Alwayshope2day welcome! What kind of books do you like reading? I like realistic fiction.
    My idea of a great evening is curled up on a beanbag with a cup of tea and a warm blanket- sounds boring, but it's a space that is truly good for the soul- just like this one! :))

I agree, I love quiet evenings to take time for myself and unwind after a long day
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,064 Wise Owl
    hi @Alwayshope2day and welcome. Gotta say your ideal evening sounds heavenly (minus the tea as im not a tea drinker). Hope you feel at home here on the mix and look forward to see you around
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome @Alwayshope2day, we're happy to have you here :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    hi @Alwayshope2day !! welcome :)
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Alwayshope2day - welcome to the mix, it’s great to have up here!

Reading and poetry are two of my favourite things too, and your idea of a great evening sounds ideal to me! Not boring at all.

I look forward to seeing you around😊
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    edited September 2023
    Hi @Alwayshope2day , welcome to the Mix!

I am also a lover of books, art and tea! I love a range of genres contemporary romance, dark romance, romcoms, coming of age and psychological thrillers!

What genres do you like?
  • Options
    @lunarcat522

I like reading fiction mostly realistic these days, but I used to read a lot of dystopias too.
    I still have a huge soft spot for the classics since I was a child: Great Expectations, Little Women, Anne of Green Gables, Peter Pan (even though it's for children, I'm still fond of it).

Can you recommend any realistic fiction to me? :)

It's nice to hear you like quiet evenings too. I felt I was the only one!
  • Options
    @fiona333
    I love a good romcom. You know the kind that are fun, breezy reads to open on a warm summer holiday day: You can put aside all the heavy work textbooks and embrace the joys of summer romance, loveable characters and the (hopefully) happy ending :)

Do you have a favourite rom com book?
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Alwayshope2day I really enjoyed the Before the Coffee Gets Cold series which is magical realism centred around a shop that can take you back in time under certain conditions including that you can only be there until the coffee you have been served gets cold. It's the sort of series where you could get away with reading the first book, but I really enjoyed it so have been reading the rest. I also quite liked The Midnight Library by Matt Haig and My Sister's Keeper (although it is a bit sad).

I also enjoyed Girl in Pieces but it took me quite a while to read as it's quite heavy and goes into mental health issues on a detailed level as the protagonist grapples with Depression, so I'd only recommend reading it if you're in a good headspace.

I struggle reading romance but I really enjoyed the Heartstopper series and I'd recommend any of Alice Oseman's books. My favourites are Solitaire (centring the story of Tori Spring) and Loveless.

I'm currently trying to get into more non-fiction as I'm studying Social sciences so at the moment I'm reading Pain and Prejudice which looks at women's health inequalities including the history as well as lack of funding/education and statistics which is quite interesting. Non-fiction isn't something I read a lot of but I'm trying to get into it.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    @Alwayshope2day welcome to the community! I completely agree with your idea of a perfect evening, it sounds so lovely ^^ hope you enjoy your time here :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    @lunarcat522
    Thank you so much for the recommendations. I love the sound of those titles, especially Before the Coffee Gets Cold, the Midnight Library and Pain and Prejudice. I haven't heard of any of those before, except My Sister's Keeper (you're right it is a bit sad, but I do like books that make me feel), so I'm excited to try them out!
    I've written them down at the top of my book list of books to find :)))
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the mix lovely to have you here Also i just read before the coffee gets cold and it is brilliant <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hiya @Alwayshope2day Its nice to meet you! I've already seen you around as you replied to my stuff too, but I haven't had a chance to properly welcome you. So hello, its great to have you here!! Hope you're doing alright :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    EmmaLou30EmmaLou30 Moderator Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Alwayshope2day ! Welcome to TheMix ! I absolutely love reading too! Your ideal evening sounds perfect to me too ! :3
    Em
    Forum Moderator