Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hello

keepdatsmilekeepdatsmile Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi everyone,

I guess i’m just introducing myself. I’m 21 and off to my first year of university tomorrow! and honestly i’m really scared ahhaha!

Comments

• Options
    sputniksputnik Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    Hey @keepdatsmile ! Nice to meet you, welcome to the forum. I hope your first day of university goes well, what are you studying? :3
    I know you fought hard as hell

but let this sink in

you do not have to fight by yourself

~ lyrics from Willow by The Little Unsaid
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the community @keepdatsmile it's lovely to have you here. Wishing you all the best with your new start at university! Keep us updated with how it's going and remember we're all here to chat anytime :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 107 The Mix Convert
    Welcome to the Mix @keepdatsmile !! Good luck on your first day!! Keep as updated on how it went!
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @keepdatsmile welcome! Good luck with university! Hope it goes well
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 612 Incredible Poster
    Hey @keepdatsmile, great to have you as part of the community <3 All the best for setting off to university today! We're here if you'd like to share how it goes :3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hiya @keepdatsmile its awesome to meet ya and also welcome to our lovely community aha <3. Im sure you will like it here. I wish you all the best with your first day of university, I know it can be scary starting uni but fingers crossed it all goes well for you. Out of curiosity I wonder what you are studying?. Wishing you the best and also sending you positive vibes. I just found this gif online which I thought was cool.

https://media.giphy.com/media/cl27Mh8srUEog5GtUR/giphy.gif

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/cl27Mh8srUEog5GtUR&quot; width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/FIU-graduation-fiu-fiugrad-cl27Mh8srUEog5GtUR">via GIPHY</a></p>

let me know if the link doesn't work :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    hi @keepdatsmile ! good luck with going to University i hope it all goes well. I'm going into my third year this year and can still remember how scared i felt moving for the first week so don't worry about feeling this way, it is totally normal! What is it you are going to study?
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    Hello @keepdatsmile, welcome to the boards! I hope your first day at uni goes great! I remember how scared I was when I first started, and I'm sure others are nervous about starting too, so you're not alone with this feeling. I'm sure everything will turn out okay for you!

Hope you're having a lovely day <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hi @keepdatsmile - welcome to The Mix, it’s great to have you here!

I hope your first day went well - I remember my first day (I’m in my third year now), and I was so nervous too, but I can safely say that I had nothing to worry about. In my personal experience, the work has been enjoyable and meeting new people has been lovely - I hope that you find this too🩷

Good luck with your university experience, I look forward to seeing you around!
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the boards, @keepdatsmile ! Let us know if you need any help finding your way around :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Welcome to the mix @keepdatsmile if you ever need any support with anything we are here for you :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the mix! Lovely to hv u here❤️