Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

If you were a plant, which one would you be?

JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
I was asked this question before and I thought it would be really cool to hear what you all would say.

I think I'm a sunflower. Very tall, kind of simple, and always facing the sun, looking at the bright side of things. At least I try to, I've seen one of my grandma's sunflowers looking completely at the ground and I think I kinda vibed a lot with that one xD Sunflowers are so far the only plant I've stood next to and felt some kind of connection, idk how to explain it.
Also my favourite colour is orange and sunflowers tend to be a little orange.

(Yes @Amy22 your profile pic gave me the idea to start this thread haha)

So, curious to hear what plants you all are!
Believe in me - who believes in you

Comments

• Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Awww me too!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    I was asked this question before and I thought it would be really cool to hear what you all would say.

I think I'm a sunflower. Very tall, kind of simple, and always facing the sun, looking at the bright side of things. At least I try to, I've seen one of my grandma's sunflowers looking completely at the ground and I think I kinda vibed a lot with that one xD Sunflowers are so far the only plant I've stood next to and felt some kind of connection, idk how to explain it.
    Also my favourite colour is orange and sunflowers tend to be a little orange.

(Yes @Amy22 your profile pic gave me the idea to start this thread haha)

So, curious to hear what plants you all are!

Omg I think I'm a sunflower as well cause sunflowers give me this sort of comforting feeling and they are so yellow and I love yellow too. Aww hehe I changed my pfp because my guitar one confused some people as it looked like a building and I feel like the sunflower just gave out positive vibes and such. I might be doing a halloween theme in October though :). I also think I might be a houseplant as I am always inside and rarely go outside so I'm probably a cacti houseplant thing xd
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    also fun fact sunflowers are also sometimes used as the symbol for those who identify as neurodiverse and there is a thing called the sunflower lanyard scheme. As someone who identifies as neurodiverse I think this is why I might be more of a sunflower in a way <3
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Triffid.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Hey sunflower gang!! I think we should all change our profile pics to different photos of sunflowers haha.

@Amy22 I could totally be a cactus houseplant too lol! Doesn't requre much care and can survive even the harshest of circumstances, basically a very resilient plant. That's not my interpretation btw, there's a game where the characters compare each others to plants and thats also where I got some ideas from. One of the characters makes a joke calling the 'cactus' person a "prick" haha. So maybe not a cactus Amy? Sorry :sweat_smile:
    Amy22 wrote: »
    also fun fact sunflowers are also sometimes used as the symbol for those who identify as neurodiverse and there is a thing called the sunflower lanyard scheme. As someone who identifies as neurodiverse I think this is why I might be more of a sunflower in a way <3
    Omg really?? That probably explains why sunflowers speak to me so much xD That's crazy!

@Skive I had to google what that was... and thats terrifying! I can't tell how serious you're being haha.
  • Options
    Btw, here is a photo of a sunflower from our garden. This one is actually exactly my height. It's so weird standing completely upright and being face to face with a plant xD
    ci8kflj65dw3.jpg
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Feel like I'd be a cactus🌵
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,063 Wise Owl
    I feel like I may also be a sunflower as well for similar reasons - or maybe a daisy (no reason why I just really like the flower)
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 yes we should all have our profile pictures as sunflowers xd for sunflower appreciation
    We need a sunflower appreciation thread!!!!!
    Aw no worries xd cacti can be prickly but also cool at the same time. Yeah the sunflower is used as part of the neurodiverse community for some alongside the infinity symbol as the puzzle piece I personally feel is outdated now. I'll go on google images and find the sunflower lanyard :)

64ohdj2jx16i.png

There she is! The sunflower lanyard. People in my college would wear them as an excuse sometimes not to wear a face mask during lockdown which was frustrating. These lanyards however can be helpful <3 thought I would share this :)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @Xee Come on, stop being so self deprecating! You're not a blade of grass lol, and you know it. Think of something positive! What is your favourite plant?
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    ohh interesting thread i love it and a cool question tob asked.Initially the first flower that came to mind was a rose. I know its about plants not flowers but then i was ike hm i want to know more meaning of it so what better way to find out then to do a quiz so i did and got peony.Heres the link if anyone fancies doing it
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/glashik16/ever-wonder-what-kind-of-flower-you-are-probably-9ke3mxcagu
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    I adore this question as a proud plant Dad, although my flat is becoming less of a living space and more of a jungle by the day which could become a problem.

Initially a lemon tree comes to mind - I quite like the way they have busy periods, when they're growing and creating fruit, but also very chilled periods where they're just vibing and waiting for new fruit. Seems like quite a fun plant, where you can something to others (i.e. lemons) but also have some down time for yourself.
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    ohh interesting thread i love it and a cool question tob asked.Initially the first flower that came to mind was a rose. I know its about plants not flowers but then i was ike hm i want to know more meaning of it so what better way to find out then to do a quiz so i did and got peony.Heres the link if anyone fancies doing it
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/glashik16/ever-wonder-what-kind-of-flower-you-are-probably-9ke3mxcagu

Ayy I also did the buzzfeed quiz and also got peony I think too so we both think alike aha!