Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hello

sputniksputnik Posts: 82 Budding Regular
Hello there,

I'm M, a 23-year-old woman from Devon. I've suffered from mental health issues for a long time (OCD and dissociation among other things). I don't feel 23, I often feel like I can't believe how much time has passed since I was a teenager and how I seem like I'm still in the same place, not in education/employment and emotionally dependent on my family. I don't have many friends, if any, who I feel properly close to. I feel like a fraud with other young people, as if once they get to know me they'll realise I'm immature and incompetent. I have good days and bad days, but overall I feel pretty stuck. After many years of talking therapy, I've just started seeing an EMDR therapist in the hope that might help me move out of this frozen state.

Thought it might be worth signing up to potentially help the feelings of loneliness I have on a regular basis! Nice to meet you all :)
I know you fought hard as hell

but let this sink in

you do not have to fight by yourself

~ lyrics from Willow by The Little Unsaid

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hello there! Its nice to meet you. Sorry to hear how hard things are for you. It sounds really tough so it's great that you reached out for support here! I relate quite a bit to some of the things you mentioned so you're not alone. Looking forward to seeing you around. Sending hugs :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hi @sputnik it's great to meet you, that does sound tough for you to go through at the moment <3 always here if you need someone to talk to, look forward to seeing you around on the boards. Take care and sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,985 Community Veteran
    Nice to meet you 😊
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hi @sputnik - it’s great to have you here!

Thank you for being so open and honest about your feelings and experiences, that’s a very brave thing for you to do and I hope you find the support here helpful. We are always here to listen on The Mix, or give you some advice if you need it.

I look forward to seeing you around <3
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the mish-mash of unusual people that is this community @sputnik!

That 'going nowhere' feeling is a tough place to be. Hopefully being here can help. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @sputnik welcome to the community! Wish you find the support you need here!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    hi @sputnik , welcome <3
  • Options
    sputniksputnik Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    Hey thanks so much everyone for your kind responses 😊❤️
    I know you fought hard as hell

but let this sink in

you do not have to fight by yourself

~ lyrics from Willow by The Little Unsaid
  • Options
    VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 107 The Mix Convert
    Welcome to our little cosy home @sputnik ! Hopefully we can help you feel you feel less alone and more supported here :3
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the mix @sputnik lovely to have you
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the community @sputnik, we're glad to have you on board! :)