Homeβ€Ί Work & Studyβ€Ί It's Exam Time
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A-Level Results Day Support Thread πŸ“šπŸ’›

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 639 Incredible Poster
edited August 2023 in It's Exam Time
Tomorrow is A-Level results day and if you're looking for some support, we're all here for you <3.

Remember, you're not defined by your grades. No matter what your results are, you will always be capable and worthy. You might think nobody else is feeling the way you are, be that anxious or worried, but chances are they are. Exams are stressful! If you'd like some support, comment below and let's all do our best to support eachother <3.

We have some really useful articles over on our website that have some great tips on coping with results day.

If you're worried about anything or looking for some support, you can reach to us here at The Mix:
*Our Crisis Messenger provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
*Our webchat and helpline service are open from 4pm-11pm everyday. You can call the team for free on 0808 808 4994.
*If you're under 25 and would like free confidential webchat or telephone counselling from The Mix complete this form and the team will arrange your first session.
*Group chats - we run these Mon-Thurs evenings from 8-9.30pm and it's a great place to get support from other young people.

What should I do next?

Whatever you decide to do next after receiving your results, is valid and totally your choice, whether that be taking some time out, further study, work, travelling, or whether you're unsure yet!

If you are looking to go to university but you didn't quite get the grades you wanted, check out our article here on figuring out your options, as well as how to appeal your grades.

The university clearing process can also help you find a place. But how does it work? And which courses are available? Read our guide here to find out more.

If you want to read a nice supportive message from the community around receiving your results, head over to this thread: https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3602919/share-a-supportive-message-for-results-day

How is everyone feeling? :)
Post edited by Gemma on

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,038 Community Veteran
    @Gemma] thank you for posting and sharing this as this is very helpful and handy for us A level folk getting our results tomorrow. As someone who will be collecting their creative media results I know how scary the thought of opening that envelope can be. Im not the best at advice but at the end of the day everyone is human so you don't have to be perfect. Always remember that grades do not define you or determine your overall success in life. Even the most famous people didn't do great in their exams and it shows that regardless anyone can still do great things. I'd also say that if you are worried about your results or even stuck on what or where to go next, talking to your tutor can be a great way of focusing on the next steps for you. I will also be on the boards this week too so if anyone needs someone to talk to, feel free to chat <3 im more than happy to help out.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 251 The Mix Regular
    Good luck to everyone collecting results tomorrow! Your worth is not based on what that piece of paper says <3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,076 Wise Owl
    Hope everyone who got there results today has done well - and remember whatever the outcome you are gonna be okay and you should be super proud of everything you have achieved <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,877 Extreme Poster
    Hope that everyone got the results that they wanted! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.