Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shooting stars tonight!

JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
There is a meteor shower happening and its gonna peak tonight, so if anyone wants to see some shooting stars then apparently its best to look at the sky from midnight to 5:30am. Just letting you guys know if anyone's interested.
And if you want to find out some more then heres a news story https://news.sky.com/story/perseid-meteor-shower-peaks-tonight-heres-what-you-need-to-know-12937851

A few days ago I've seen a falling star and I thought I was going crazy and my eyes were playing tricks on me but it turns out it was real and I must have been super lucky to just witness it out of nowhere :D
Believe in me - who believes in you

Comments

• Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    i can't remember if I told you or not but when I went to Spain I saw two shooting stars and it was the coolest thing I've ever seen.
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Woahhhhhhh I'm gonna try to stay up so I can watch them. We need to form a geographical avengers team for star gazing 🤩 we need long range walkie talkies 🤔
  • Options
    @Xee I think I remember you mentioning it yes. Sounds awesome!

@Salix_alba_2019 absolutely hahaha! I can be the scout as I'm one hour ahead of your time lol, that doesn't make any sense but whatever. Long range walkie-talkies would be highly appreciated :lol:
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    That sounds awesome, I mostly have my blinds open in my bedroom right now so I might see it as I stay up late mostly hehe. Thanks though for saying about it :). Also weird story time but one night I think I full on saw either a shooting star cause it was an object moving across the sky full on blinking and stuff like a ufo. It could have been a drone tho cause I likely doubt ufo's exist sadly wish they did thoo :lol::tongue:.

@Salix_alba_2019 long range walkie talkie's are a must lol right now so we can all communicate with each other xd.

Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    I've seen a massive one!!! And plenty of smaller ones too. They're so cool!

@Amy22 I don't think that was a shooting star or ufo unfortunately haha, probably a plane, satellite or drone. Shooting stars are real fast, blink and you miss it fast.

Also, the second you identify a ufo it just becomes a fo.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Ahhhhhh no way I missed it 😭
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 oh no :( they are happening until the 24th I believe so you still have a chance, you're just less likely to see them unfortunately. But if you do manage to see one tonight you can count yourself luckier I guess haha
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    I've seen a massive one!!! And plenty of smaller ones too. They're so cool!

@Amy22 I don't think that was a shooting star or ufo unfortunately haha, probably a plane, satellite or drone. Shooting stars are real fast, blink and you miss it fast.

Also, the second you identify a ufo it just becomes a fo.

It was probably a drone I saw xd imagine if it was an actual spaceship lol
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Aww shame i missed them would have been so awesome! But luckily they are happening again 24th thank u hehe ill mark the calendar
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    I SAW ONE LAST NIGJT!!!
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 no no, they are happening all the time until the 24th, they end on the 24th (I think). So the sooner you look for them the more likely you are of seeing some.

@Xee Yay!! =)