Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Supportive Thread for SQA Results Day

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,048 Boards Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey everyone!

As SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority) results day approaches, I wanted to create a supportive thread to all of you who are receiving your results today.

I know that results day can be a mix of excitement and nervousness, but remember that whatever the outcome, you are amazing, capable, and your worth is not defined by a set of grades.

If you're looking for support today, we're here for you at The Mix. Reach out to the community here or head over to our website to get in touch with our helpline team.

I've also listed below additional place you can reach out to for support:
* Skills Development Scotland (SDS) - have a helpline that you can ring on 0808 100 8000. You can talk to SDS' expert careers advisers about course vacancies at UK colleges and universities, confirmation and clearing, advice about Foundation, Modern, and Graduate Apprenticeships, jobs, volunteering, or staying on at school.

This helpline goes live at 8am on results day, Tuesday 8 until Friday 11 August 2023. The 2023 Results Helpline opening hours are: Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 August, 8am to 8pm and Thursday 10 and Friday 11 August, 9am to 5pm.

If you would prefer to speak to someone in person, find your nearest centre at myworldofwork.co.uk/centres.
* SQA Candidate Advice Line - will be available on results day from 8am to 6pm, then Wednesday 9 August to Friday 11 August from 8:30am to 5pm.The line can be reached on 0345 279 1000 if you have any questions about your certificate. More information is available online at www.sqa.org.uk/results.
British Sign Language (BSL) - Use Contact Scotland BSL for support in speaking to an adviser. You can use their app to sign with an interpreter who will make the phone call for you.

However you're feeling today, remember you're not alone <3
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,650 Legendary Poster
    Fellow scot who has been through this, whatever you got doesn’t define who you are. Grades aren’t the be all and end all.

As a side note my mum is a teacher and probably just as stressy as all of you as she looks at her classes results as we speak :lol:
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Hoping everyone got the grades they want but if not theirs plenty other options out their and your grades dont define your worth.Well done for getting through the exams you should be really proud of yourselves no matter what as exams are never easy.Sending hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.