Home Work & Study It's Exam Time
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Share a supportive message for results day

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

Results day can be a really difficult day and we wanted to create a space to share some supportive messages for everyone to read through when they need it whether on the day or lead up to results day.

What advice would you give to someone ahead of results day?

We'd also love to use some of your messages to share anonymously on social media as a supportive post, so please do let us know if this is okay for us to do :)
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,076 Wise Owl
    @Morgyn007 I had a quick google to check and it says GCSE results day is 24th August 2023, and A-Level results day is 17th August 2023 <3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,076 Wise Owl
    Also want to say good luck to everyone getting there results this month - I know it can be a daunting time and no matter the outcome, good or bad, you should be proud of what you achieved and the work you put in. At the end of the day, your results don't define you and everything will be okay in the end

Sending Hugs,
    Sinead
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,038 Community Veteran
    edited August 2023
    As someone is who waiting on their college results real soon I know how daunting the feeling is of getting your results. Therefore, I want to say good luck to everyone and don't forget you have worked very hard and have come so far too in this journey. Regardless of what grade you get, grades do not define you or your characteristics. I agree with what @sinead276 has mentioned above as it is scary opening that sheet of results up and finding out your grade. However, you should all be proud as the main thing is that you tried your best <3. Sending everyone lots of positive vibes and good luck for results day.

Also here is a gif I found on Giphy and the eleventh doctor want's to send his wishes to you all too <3

https://media.giphy.com/media/AC1PtbdsJZyOQ/giphy.gif

Sending massive hugs,

Amy22
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,038 Community Veteran
    edited August 2023
    I'll copy and paste the gif here if the link doesn't work xd
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,877 Extreme Poster
    Best of luck to all those receiving results! If you receive a good grade - congratulations, you've earned it! All that time and effort has paid off, and it's a well deserved outcome that deserves to be celebrated. And in particular for A Level students that are applying for university, you'll have won your place at your university of choice - the next adventure awaits!

If you didn't get the result you were hoping for, all is not lost. We all get a bad grade at some point, it happens in life! Speak to your teachers about the result - you won't be the first or last student to get a score you weren't happy with. They'll be able to help you understand the result and options available (e.g. appeals process).

Either way, you've made it to the end of another tough year of school, so that's worth celebrating with your friends :) Whether you are celebrating a good outcome, or dealing with a bad outcome, remember not to define yourself by your results. The score isn't you, and you aren't the score!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
    Thank you so much for your lovely messages everyone, this are really lovely reading through. We'd love to include these messages in a supportive post to help people over on social media on results day so do keep sharing any supportive messages you have :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    Results mean a lot to you right now and they are an important step but they do not define you. There is always another path towards what you want to achieve, often something more than you could ever imagine wanting to achieve. You are important and valued regardless of what the letters and numbers say and congratulations on making it through such a time. It is also okay to feel whatever you are feeling right now <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    asia4aasia4a Posts: 12 Settling in
    Good luck receiving your results!! Remember that you tried your best and you should be proud of what you have achieved <3 Your results don't define you and don't stop you from progressing and moving onto better things! If you struggle with nerves, take deep breaths, be in touch with each part of your body, drink plenty of water or some chamomile tea or treat yourself to your favourite drink, put your comfort show on or listen to your favourite artist! These little things will take your mind off it, making it more manageable! If possible, plan to do something afterwards to give you something to look forward to afterwards to celebrate your great results!!
    Everything will be okay and I hope this post helped!! <3
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Good luck to everyone getting their results in the next couple weeks You have done amazing getting through exams and no matter what the outcome is their is always other options and your grades are as cliche as it might be only numbers/letters on a piece of paper and dont define what amazing people you all are. Sending positivity and hugs <3