Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Schools out for summer - summer holidays support thread

HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi everyone,

We know that schools breaking up brings a whole range of mixed feelings for different people. Maybe you're feeling relieved at the thought of having a breather from the stresses and pressures of school, or maybe you're feeling as though you're losing much of your support network and daily routine. Whatever you're feeling is completely valid.

We thought it would be worth creating a thread where you can share whatever you're feeling with us and support one another. What will you be getting up to during the summer holidays? What things do you think other people should try? How are you feeling about the long break ahead?

Take care,
Harry <3
Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Morning everyone! I just wanted to see well done for finishing the school year! You should all be really proud of yourselves and i hope you have a great summer <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,064 Community Veteran
    Also wanted wish everyone a great summer break and well done for finishing the school year too. As a recent college graduate I know how hard the summer can be especially after doing coursework and exams and stuff.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    Can we ask how you managed to make the summer more manageable for you @Amy22? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,281 Wise Owl
    i bad a breakdown so my lovely sister and i made a detailed timetable of the summer because we both need some structure in our lives otherwise we'll crumble and being unorganised makes me really upset but now I'm realising it was a bad idea because I don't have the energy or motivation to stick to any of these things I've written down and when I fall behind I'm just gonna hate myself and this summer is already going so differently to how I expected so I'm like really confused and I'm so ready to go back to school amd get on with life because hanging around every day with my thoughts is just getting stupid but i also shit myself when I think about going back to school because I'm starting year 12 and if I stay at my school I'm gonna cry bcs I fucking hate everyone there but if I go to another school that s so much change idk if I'll be able to cope.

mini rant over thanks for listening
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    You are allowed to be flexible with the timetable you have made @Xee - it can provide structure but you can be flexible when you need to rest etc. College and apprenticeships are additional routes you could take, have you considered these as well as sixth form for year 12? :)
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,064 Community Veteran
    edited July 2023
    Can we ask how you managed to make the summer more manageable for you @Amy22? :)

I think one thing that helped me was finding things I loved doing like certain activities I woulden't have done during the college year due to me being busy with coursework and filming on location and stuff. One thing I'd say helps is allowing yourself to have a break and rest. I know that self care is super important over the summer period especially when you may not see friends or be doing much. Having that period of rest to yourself can recharge your batteries. Finding that hobby you like can help a bit especially with anxiety or feelings really. It the distraction I guess that helps with thoughts as you have to focus on something. I know too the summer period can make people feel tired or unmotivated which is totally normal in fact as the school year can be challenging in itself so it would make sense if you are feeling tired. As I say always take time out for yourself and check in with yourself. <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,094 Wise Owl
    Hope everyone has a nice summer holiday over the next couple of weeks :3