Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Professional relationship stuff

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,985 Community Veteran
If someone at Ur care compound comes to tlk to u. And tht person u notice their eyes looking away while talking, wat does tht mean?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000, that's a tricky one. It could be that something in the background distracted them, for example. What did you make of it?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    This is really difficult to answer and it really depends on what they were talking to you about, whether there were other things going on where you were talking, who they are as a person etc.

Sometimes people look away because there is something in the background that distracted them. Other times, they might be looking away because what they are going to say might be upsetting or they might worry that they might upset you. Perhaps it's something that is private and perhaps they were checking that no-one else is around. They might look away if they are anxious or thinking about something, perhaps. Sometimes a person who is autistic, might be able to make eye contact but might look away when they are talking as they might find it difficult to concentrate on both eye contact and talking.

Since there are so many reasons, it might be worth thinking about what they said to you and asking them any questions you might have, if you are unsure about something they said.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.