Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Favourite Gorillaz song

ririsssririsss Posts: 16 Settling in
I'm curious to know if anybody else here listens to Gorillaz or has a favourite song by them! Also if there are any songs I should listen to by them? My favourite songs are Stylo, El Mañana and Dirty Harry.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    I really love their new song Cracker Island as well as their old stuff too. Dare is a jam and Feel Good Inc also 1200 I think it is called is also cool.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2023
    I'm a big Gorillaz fan - so many!

Agree on Dare, Feel Good Inc, Dirty Harry, and El Manana is gorgeous.

On the lesser known ones, All Alone is a bop. Melancholy Hill will probably always be one of my favourite songs (also got an acoustic version and a cover by a sweet old man). Superfast Jellyfish and Clint Eastwood always put me in a good mood.

@Amy22 I haven't heard much of their newer stuff actually, I need to catch up.

PS welcome to the community @ririsss!
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    @Amy22 Dare was my favourite song of theirs when I was little! It used to play so often on the radio.
  • Options
    @JustV Ooh! Also Melancholy Hill is such a good song and Clint Eastwood is very nostalgic!

Thanks for the welcome!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    ririsss wrote: »
    @JustV Ooh! Also Melancholy Hill is such a good song and Clint Eastwood is very nostalgic!

Thanks for the welcome!

Omg yes melancholy hill is awesome and Clint Eastwood is a bop. Same here too I would always play Dare because I loved Noodle so much. 2D was also my favourite and the lil green dude who I keep forgetting his name lol :lol:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    I never got into the characters but I feel like I'm missing out on some deep lore 😅
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    @JustV There is a surprising amount of lore- I remember when I first properly got interested in Gorillaz as more than just that band I'd occassionally hear on the radio I was shocked by how much of a story there was behind them lol. 😭
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Also love a bit of Gorillaz! Just to throw in a different name, I really like Doncamatic :)

And 100% @ririsss - I had no idea there was so much of a story behind the band until I came across a couple videos that tried to explain it all!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Azziman I also really like Doncamatic! I used to listen to it all the time when I was out and about!
  • Options
    Awesome! Have you ever managed to see them in concert?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Azziman Unfortunately not, they should do more concerts here in the UK though. I'd totally be willing to travel across the country to see them. 😂
  • Options
    ririsss wrote: »
    @Azziman Unfortunately not, they should do more concerts here in the UK though. I'd totally be willing to travel across the country to see them. 😂

I'm with you on that, hopefully they come over soon!