Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

World Wellbeing Week - Top Tips for Improving Mental Wellbeing ✨

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 657 Incredible Poster
edited June 2023 in Health & Wellbeing
Hey everyone,

Today marks the start of #WorldWellbeingWeek and we have created some tips for improving mental wellbeing over on our social channels. Take a look here.

Even small acts of self-care in our daily lives can have a huge impact in terms of managing our stress, increasing our energy, and boosting our mood and self-esteem. :star:

Self-care isn’t selfish and it’s totally okay to take some time to recharge. Kindness to yourself is kindness to others; as our own wellbeing increases, we’re more able to support those we love.

So, we wanted to ask you all, what is your top tip for looking after your mental health?

Mine would probably be sticking one of my favourite records on vinyl, or spending some time with my cat!

Let us know your top tips below... 👇

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks for sharing those with us @Morgyn007. Do you enjoy watching anything, in particular, on TV - to support your well-being?

For me, it would have to be listening to music or watching Disney (especially The Simpsons!). Has anyone else got anything which helps them with their well-being? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Mine would probably be listening to music as well!, reading or a good podcast hehe. Interested to see what other things you guys do!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    Mine would be either knitting or crochet as I find it is a form of meditation for me, for me to just relax and take in my surroundings, to focus on the present rather than the ongoing thoughts on in my head. I also do enjoy music too alongside reading though with reading I do have a short attention span so I can only read for a few minutes. I'd also say another tip would be to do a digital detox now and then as I have found myself spending too much time on social media and watching the news as well.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,088 Wise Owl
    Gotta also agree on listening to music and reading as a way to just relax sometimes. I also thinking going on a walk and/or being in nature really helps me just relax, even if it's just for 10 - 20 minutes :3