Homeโ€บ General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Personality Type

CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
Hey guys :)

Out of curiosity, what is your personality type (MBTI) and (possibly) what is your enneagram?

I'm getting really interested in this topic as of recent.
CaniceQ

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    edited June 2023
    Ohh this is a really interesting topic when i did the MBT a few years ago i got ENFP but i think i might redo it as i feel its changed. Be interested to hear what u guys personality types are
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    I swear I did a personality test a while ago and I think I was INFP (type A) I think as I am a creative person and tend to be the mediator in the relationship or relationships. Honestly, I may have to re-take my personality type again as it does change over time.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @CaniceQ I also did the test before. Mine is INFP, and I think it fits quite well. What's your result :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @Terry8936 My personality type is INTJ and my enneagram is 5w4. When I discovered this, I thought it suits me really well. Honestly, when reading my results, I felt quite exposed haha :)
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,050 Wise Owl
    My MBT personality type is an INFJ and I think my enneagram was 9w1 but it's been a long time since I did that test so who actually knows. I do think the INFJ fits me quite well as well
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    Oo as a psychology student, I find MBTI super interesting! My type is INFP, but I did the test ages ago, so it might be different now (though I did the test plenty of times and ended up with the same result). I remember it being scarily accurate to my personality! I haven't had the chance to do an enneagram test yet, so I want to do it soon! Does anyone have any website recommendations for an enneagram test? :smile:
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Okay listen, I don't want to sound dumb but I have never heard of personality types or enneagrams haha. Could somebody please enlighten me on this topic? I'm interested
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 @Morgyn007
    Basically, it is a classification of an individual's personality. The particular personality classification we are using here is MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator), which is rooted in Jungian theory. Your MBTI personality type is determined by the 4 main cognitive functions you mainly use (to note: these cognitive aren't fixed as they can develop over time, so it reveals the 4 main functions you currently possess the most) and the particular order of these 4 main functions (this order is arranged by the dominant to least dominant function out of your main 4). To understand cognitive functions... well... for me, it is easier to understand them through examples as some of them might be a bit difficult to comprehend. It requires quite a bit of research.

Your enneagram helps give further definition to your personality type as it may help explain why someone who shares the same personality appears slightly different from you. It is essentially another system of personality typing. Unlike MBTI which focuses on how you process information, your way of thinking, and how you conduct in life generally including decision-making, your enneagram focuses on your core beliefs including your desires and fears.

Hopefully, that kinda explains it.

You should definitely look into it, it can help you understand yourself more and notice the unrecognised traits you have. Also, once you discover your MBTI personality type and enneagram, you can search for famous people and fictional characters who also are classed under the same personality type as you - it's quite fun :)
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    @kaii
    Honestly, I recommend trying out any website and several of them to find your most consistent result. In my opinion, it's quite easy to discover your enneagram as it consists of 2 numbers, the first number represents your dominant enneagram and the 2nd is the enneagram which influences your dominant enneagram. If your primary enneagram is 6 (for example), then your subsequent enneagram is either the number preceding or succeeding 6 (5 or 7), it cannot be 1,2,3,4,8 or 9 - thus why I find enneagrams easier to class due to its limited combinations.
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    marcellus_beauregardmarcellus_beauregard Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    @kaii I would recommend the advice from @CaniceQ above but also, I would recommend just doing research. It is a lot of work but doing research and narrowing it to one suitable enneagram for yourself is an effective way to finding your enneagram type.

As for myself, my MBTI is INTJ and my enneagram is 1w9.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    I found brainmaster a cool website for enegrams and I started to do it right now but got distracted ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    @CaniceQ, @marcellus_beauregard, thank you both so much! Enneagrams sound so cool, I'll definitely put some time aside to explore more about them :smile:
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 585 Incredible Poster
    Hey guys :)

Out of curiosity, what is your personality type (MBTI) and (possibly) what is your enneagram?

I'm getting really interested in this topic as of recent.

lol am i the only one who didnt know what enneagram was and had to google it
    i dont wanna be alone forever.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Thank you so much for explaining @CaniceQ!! Omg I've done one test and I feel so called out, almost everything is spot on, its like they know more about me than I do myself. Its so fascinating! I might try another one at some point but this one called me out so much that I can't believe there'd be a better one.

Turns out I'm INFP-T (a 'Turbulent Mediator'). And its cool seeing theres a couple other Mediators here too! Apparently they're kinda rare, but it makes sense why there would be many here on the mix.
    Also I realise how much you can know about someone just by knowing their personality type. It really is cool.

Reading some of the stuff made me feel a little better about myself, and I feel like I've learnt so much about myself already. So thank you @CaniceQ for bringing this up! :) I will check out enneagrams at some point too.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 No problem and the same thing here. When I discovered my personality type, it made me feel quite happy as I enjoy understanding myself, especially the aspects unknown to me. Definitely check out enneagrams, it really helps to specify your type amongst those of the same personality type.
    CaniceQ