Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ì'm back

Hey Guys I've come back I am currently going thru a breakup long distance but the thing is I keep going back to him if we get back together again it will be for the third time I feel attached to him :(

Comments

• Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl do u think its a toxic relationship?
    u can use this to check if u like
    https://www.themix.org.uk/apps-and-tools/is-my-relationship-healthy
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    Sorry to hear you're going through a breakup :( They're so horrible and I totally understand the attached thingy. Why have u broken up with him if u don't mind me asking? Is it something you thikn you could be able to work through with him? Or is it as @libbystrawberry mentioned toxic or something? Because if it is toxic or unhealthy in any way then please try your best to remind yourself of why u broke up! I know it's easier said than done but getting back together with him again and again is just making it harder to move on. I hope you're ok though and remember it won't be this difficult forever, breakups are always tough at the start but you'll be alright. Sending hugs! <3
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @libbystrawberry @Xee He said I was controlling and never had freedom but he did he goes to Airsoft on weekends collage on Wednesday after collage he goes to car meets sometimes goes out with his mates. So he did have freedom. I’m so used to being on ft with him :( we slept on call with each other when we wasn’t together now I can’t sleep properly it made me feel close to him when we wasn’t together in the same room and when we was together in the same room we was intimate etc so that made me feel even more emotionally and physically connected to him.

I feel like no one else will ever love me again because I have a wheelchair and I feel like people won’t pick me because I have it he accepted it and gave me a chance to love🥺.
  • Options
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl Who made the decision to break up? Did you discuss the possibility of you both maybe compromising (e.g. setting some boundaries and discussing this 'freedom' issue more)? Obviously idk what you're like or what he's like but if you both care about the relationship enough then I'm sure you could probably try and find a way around this? Then again maybe it just isn't meant to be. I know it always sucks losing someone, especially when you're that attached but I promise there are so many more amazing dudes out there who will love u in the future despite the fact u have a wheelchair. You just have to get through this and stay as hopeful as u can! <3 I'm here if u wanna talk abt anything more :)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @Xee He made the decision to break up he never discussed any boundaries everytime we had arguments he used to be petty and cut me off etc but I’m trying to get him back this just really hurts that part of me is now gone. Yeah I mean it’s just a wheelchair but I feel like people won’t accept me for who I am x
  • Options
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl Honestly it sounds like the way he dealt with arguments was so immature. Sorry to hear that things went like that. You deserve so much better! He should've listened to u and not cut u off. But try and see this as a learning curve if nothing else. I know it really hurts right now but just focus on yourself and try to look to the future as much as you can rather than think about the past and all the moments you had with him. And yeah I understand that a lot of people will treat you differently because you're in a wheelchair. Some people are horrible. But again, try to see it as a positive! It means that people who are judgemental and rude will be more easily identifiable so you'll be able to avoid them more. You seem like a lovely person so I'm sure you'll find someone amazing one day :)
  • Options
    @Xee yeah I was up most of the night thinking about it and now he saying I’m controlling him because my friends went mad at him today and his going to get drug because of me😭
  • Options
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl Oh no, what happened with your friends, what did they say? Have u spoken to them about it? I hope you're ok! Please remember that if he decides to use drugs that isn't your fault, it's his choice.
  • Options
    @Xee He was just being mean and called my friend a freak then it all started from there with all of them I did manage to get two of them to apologise to him even tho he was in the wrong and being rude. I did tell him next time instead of drinking can you try and talk to me about it and he said sure so I don't know if he will.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Hopefully, he will talk to you about it next time @_Tech_Addict_Girl. How are you feeling about everything at the moment? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 We aren’t talking anymore he said he don’t love me and he doesn’t care.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl im sorry to hear that he isn’t talking to u anymore and he doesn’t care. How are you feeling about that at the moment? Have u tried to speak things through with him. I can understand how hard it would be, sending big hugs
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 look at my new post <3
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    That sounds really hurtful @_Tech_Addict_Girl :/ But people say things they don't always mean when they are hurting. Would anything help at the moment? <3