Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ppl

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,988 Community Veteran
edited May 2023 in General Chat
Why do ppl panic b4 holiday, makes me think we won't go. How do cope without feelings rubbing off onto u?
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Feels like I hav to reassure ppl all the time
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @ellie2000 some people panic before holidays for a number of reasons, it could be because of a fear of flying or fear of missing the flight, leaving home and work for a few days or weeks, being in a different country or unfamiliar place, feeling like you've forgotten something like your passport or there may be things you have forgotten last minute and have to frantically sort out, different healthcare systems, driving on different sides of the road, different food.

Whether or not you are leaving the country or staying in the country but going on holiday somewhere things can be stressful because it's a change in normality. I totally agree, it can rub off onto you, I guess ask why they are panicking and if there is anything you can do to help. I'm not too sure, what do you reckon? How does it make you feel having to reassure people all the time?

Are you going on holiday?
  • Options
    @RenP Yh =) , im goin Cruise, fjords and waterfalls
    They say 'I just do' and for me to not to worry
    I h8 modern life, tht is y I eager to go away all the time. Is tht usual with ptsd?
    I also get worried wen ppl witter about the emotions in person wen they don't do anything about their problems, why do ppl do tht?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @ellie2000 oh wow i hope you enjoy ur holidays they sound awesome. You will have to let us know how they go! I can here that sometimes you find it difficult to deal with things sometimes and like to go away.That can happen with PTSD or also sometimes if people feel they have something missing in their lives eg if a pet dies. Sometimes time can help soothe thing but it can b good to get anyway from thing as a distraction sometimes as well. I am also hearing you worry when people talk about their emotions but dont do anything to help.This is normal to worry especially if its someone you care about but just do what you can just support them and reassure them.At the end of the day a lot of the change will have to come from them but im sure they will appreciate you just being their for them
    Hope im understanding you ok. Im glad you are doing good tho and i hope the holidays go well and you get some time to recharge.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.