Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

saying it politly

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
as i already im gd now everything is hunky dory. but sometimes i see ppl who last time made me sad,by trying to make me feel sorry for them. even though theyre supposed to b a look afterer and u shouldnt bring ur probs with u. bc they can rub off onto me. i no wat to look out for. do i tell whoeve is in charge or one of the other staff?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ive gt a load of emotions too but i can supress them, is tht a gd way?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    wat do ppl do to let it out? havin a abdab isnt gd bc ppl notice tht way
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    Hey @ellie2000, it sounds like you've been struggling with people bringing their problems to you and this being too much to cope with on top of your own feelings - is that right? Sometimes it's important that we manage our boundaries with other people.

I find that it's important for me to let out my emotions by talking it through with other people. It makes me feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. How do you find talking things through with other people?
  • Options
    Gemma wrote: »
    Hey @ellie2000, it sounds like you've been struggling with people bringing their problems to you and this being too much to cope with on top of your own feelings - is that right? Sometimes it's important that we manage our boundaries with other people.

I find that it's important for me to let out my emotions by talking it through with other people. It makes me feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. How do you find talking things through with other people?

I h8 it wen I get burden with extra feelings, it makes me feel worse than I feel currently, which I feel everyday.

I don't vent to normal ppl, ppl notice by accident, they notice stuff is off where I'm living or I cry or I included it in my writing lessons Nd I scared everyone and I quit writing. I got a journal which I stopped writing in, wat do journals do?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    saffjxdesaffjxde Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 It sounds like you're having a tough time... thank you for sharing.

It is completely understandable to not enjoy absorbing other people's emotions, particularly if it is happening quite regularly. I know for me, I find it quite exhausting and draining and also hard to tell people when it's getting too much, but being able to recognise your own limits can be helpful and if you know you're not handling things too well, you can take a step back and maybe just say to people that you'd like to listen but you're not in the right headspace or now isn't the best time for a conversation etc.

Not everyone is comfortable with sharing out loud and that's totally fine. Journaling can help simulate the sense of release by writing out any heavy thoughts you have somewhere so that it's not all stuck in your head 24/7. But again, journaling might not be for you and definitely isn't for everyone. It maybe worth experimenting though. Similar with writing, it can be cathartic and therapeutic, but I guess a journal offers more privacy than writing classes for example if you're worried about others finding out too much.

Some methods for dealing with a lot of emotions can be going for walks, listening to music that matches your emotions, scribbling on scrap paper, tearing paper up (I like this one), maybe starting a new hobby?

Sending hugs.
    nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds like it is support staff putting this pressure on you @ellie2000. You don't deserve this added weight, do you feel comfortable talking to them about how it makes you feel?

You could escalate it with their manager if this would feel more comfortable for you. You don't have to go through this alone and you deserve to access the right support for you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.