Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are your goals in life?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
Doesn't have to be big, just something you want to achieve at some point later in your life.

Thought it might be interesting to see what's important to each of us. :)
The truth resists simplicity.

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,027 Community Veteran
    Mike wrote: »
    Doesn't have to be big, just something you want to achieve at some point later in your life.

Thought it might be interesting to see what's important to each of us. :)

Hi @Mike I think this is a very interesting thread.

I think for me I'd say to be happy in life is one of my main life goals.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 462 Listening Ear
    This is such a wonderful thread idea! I really love what everyone's written so far <3

I want to be a polyglot one day! I already know English, Japanese and a bit of Tagalog and French, but one day I want to learn Korean, Mandarin, Italian and Greek :smile:

I want to travel the world, either alone or with friends.

I want to maintain the healthy relationships I already have with others, emotional trauma from secondary school led me to believe that I was boring and incapable of making friends, but right now I'm super grateful that I have people who I call close friends.

I want to get better at drawing (learning digital art right now which has been so fun!), playing the piano, and singing.

I want to become the idealised version of myself - to be confident, stand up for myself and say 'no' in situations I don't like, appreciate life's beauty and have patience. I know it will take some time, but I'm working on it, slowly but surely! :smile:

Thank you for making this thread @Mike <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Those are really nice @Mike! :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Ah, I love this place so much <3 So much joy and hopes for the future in everyone's answers, I am so grateful to read about your dreams and wish for them all to become a reality very soon =)

My dream is to be a psychologist just like @Xee !!

I really want to help people to feel as heard and understood as possible and hopefully teach others how to do it too. I reckon a lot of kids would be happier if their parents had some more useful tools on how to support their children through painful situations and mental health struggles and if I can help to make this possible I'd be very happy =)

(I hope this doesn't sound too bigheaded lmao).
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    I also really want to make a difference above all else. However, if I had the opportunity to visit Disneyland Florida - I would take it, that's such a big dream of mine too :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    You guys rock 🪨

My hope is to live abroad at some point, just for a little bit, to experience a different culture. (No plans to move anytime soon, though).
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    I love this thread idea!

My hope is that I can do as much good in the world as possible in my time. And to live a happy life and look after my family & friends :)

I'd like to travel to every continent if possible... would love to go to Antarctica!

@Xee, skydiving is also on my bucket list, alongside a bungee jump and some other random things.

My parents did a parachute jump and my mum always tells the story of how she landed exactly on the X and how everyone rushed over to congratulate her whilst my dad landed in a nearby corn field and had to climb over a fence with his parachute :D That still hasn't put me off but I'm hoping I'll take after my mum!?
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    @Gemma Antarctica is on my list of places too!! And omg bungee jumping sounds amazing but I genuinely don't think I could ever do it. It looks scary in a really unenjoyable way. But sky diving all the way! The best bit is that you're with an instructor or whatever they're called so you can't chicken out last minute xD
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    @Xee I have to say bungee jumping is the one that scares me the most!

Exactly - it would definitely feel safer with the instructor in charge!! Have you heard about/tried indoor skydiving? I got a voucher for my birthday and it was fabby :D some practice for the real thing one day...
  • Options
    @Gemma yeah I've been indoor skydiving!! It was great and I don't wanna sound ungrateful but I feel like it wasn't that cool. Like it sounds super cool but it didn't feel like flying the way I thought it would. Idk what I was expecting though tbh because it's obviously not gonna be like actual skydiving.
  • Options
    @Xee oh nice! Yeah definitely will feel different to real skydiving. My friend skydived when she was travelling across Europe and the photos of the view were just amazing
  • Options
    Smiley_moonSmiley_moon Posts: 10 Settling in
    Brilliant goals being said!
    I'd say one of my goals would be to actually learn the guitar, I bought it in the lockdown but haven't learnt to play a thing haha 😅
    But also got to agree with being happy with myself and knowing that I'm enough.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @Smiley_moon Learning the guitar is a cool one!
    I realised I didn't say that I want to properly learn to play the piano one day! Well, I can play it, but I'm horrible lol.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Smiley_moonSmiley_moon Posts: 10 Settling in
    @JJLemon18 I'd love to play the piano, it's good though you're learning, I think there's classes you can join which I've been looking at.
  • Options
    @RenP these are such cool aspirations! I hope u get to achieve all of those things :)
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    That would be the best @Morgan007!!