Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What makes this community special to you?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
edited February 2023 in General Chat
You could all be anywhere else, so why do you come here?

Interested in what makes this place special :)
The truth resists simplicity.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    I suppose it's knowing there's always people here (not only people, but kind people who actually care) who can support me if I need it and it's fun to have a chat with everyone. I don't think I've ever stuck around anywhere for as long as here (feel sorry for you all lol)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I love the fact that everyone works very hard to be so open and vulnerable, it's extremely brave and not something that is easy to do. I am always grateful to you guys <3 PLUS, the way you all make time and effort for one another to reply to each others' threads and posts is truly heartwarming !!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I feel like The Mix is a proper community everyone is always so supportive and kind 😊
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I came here during a very tough year when a lot was going on around me. When I come on here I instantly feel better. I may be socially awkward at times but I find that I can be myself on here and that if I need help, I know that I won't be judged. I feel like The Mix is a family. Everyone is so helpful and caring. Not only does everyone on here brighten my day but I'd love all the discussions we have too.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,064 Wise Owl
    I’ve gotta agree with above in that there’s a real sense of community here and people care for one another in a genuine way. And the support being given and received is from the same people so a sense of belonging is developed. After originally signing up as a peer support volunteer last March/April I’ve definitely learnt a lot and really enjoyed getting to know everyone on here as your all so lovely :3<3

Sending hugs
    Sinéad
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    I haven't even been here for a full week but I'd like to say my opinion of this place so far.

I have never met such nice and caring people in my life, and definitely not a whole community of them. I'm not gonna say too much because everyone already explained this better above and I agree with all of you!

I'm really glad I decided to join but I kinda feel sorry for everyone else :sweat_smile:
    I'm just a little sad that I won't be able to help others as much as I'd like to. I'm too worried about giving wrong advice or accidentally making someone feel bad.

Sending hugs! :smiley:
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    M3GANx04M3GANx04 Posts: 61 Boards Initiate
    I love coming to the mix at the end of each day.

It gives me the opportunity to sit in bed and unwind - do something other than going on my phone and scrolling through social media after a day at work/university.

I like that there's always new posts which I can reply too, meet new people, and hopefully give people advice that can make a difference in helping them. I know that when I was struggling with my mental health in my early teen years, the mix was a great outlet for me to discuss my difficulties. Many strangers from all over the world on the mix gave me lovely meaningful advice, and I hope to be that support system for others. It's also nice knowing that if I start falling into another depressive episode, I have an outlet to post my thoughts. Talking about things has always really helped me, and it's nice knowing that someone's listening.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    GUUUUUYS 💛

I don't know why but I didn't expect this to become such a wholesome thread. I was interested in what sets us apart but actually it looks like your relationships with each other and the kindness of everyone is what does it. That's so cool I don't even know what to say.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Echoing @Mike there, this is such a wholesome thread. It really made my day reading through all of your messages here, thank you all SO much for sharing how much the community means to you <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023
    It's a really lovely community and everyone is really kind and supportive, which I really love. <3

I had a similar experience to Amy22, where I had been going through a really tough time in my life, and the fact there was a community and website exclusively for teenagers and young adults, that had such great advice on all manners of things was exactly what was needed. B) It also made me feel less lonely in my life. :blush:
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    This is such a great post @Mike thank you!!

I think for me personally, I really appreciate the fact it can be anonymous. It differs from talking therapies etc, and I feel like people have more freedom to speak their truth and are able to share more because it can be anonymous.

I also think it's amazing how supportive every single person is on here. I feel like that is the forefront of these forums and it shows.

Thank you to everyone for what they do =)