Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ppl worrying

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
edited December 2022 in Sex & Relationships
how do u stop someone frm worrying bout little things even though wateva it is its sorted?
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000, It can be really difficult for some people not to worry even if it is about something 'little'. Everyone gets worried sometimes, just some people more than others. I think the key thing is not to tell them not to worry, because they're going to anyway, maybe you can help out by explaining to them that the problem has been sorted and how it's been sorted. Or sometimes the best thing you can do is just to ask the person 'what would help?'.
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    ppl go on bout their problem wen u find a solution they decline ur help its frustrating
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    tht sort of stuff is frustrating and wen sometimes a person goes on, u feel wat they feel n u cant cope
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    You have done really well sharing a little more with us @ellie2000 about what you have been experiencing.

It sounds really difficult that you feel what they feel and you can't cope. It sounds like you have been trying to help people find solutions to their problems but they have been declining your help.

In declining your help, I can hear that people keep talking about their problems and you are finding this frustrating.

Am I hearing this right and, if so, what might help this to feel more manageable for you at the moment?

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. Please feel free to keep us in the loop with how you are doing :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i can cope with little worries ppl have, big worries tht i hear, i feel really really rough
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000

Sometimes it can be really challenging to hold space for a person and listen to their heartache without absorbing some of it ourselves. It makes sense that you're feeling drained by this. It is important to keep an eye on our own wellbeing in these circumstances. How do you usually find some relief from difficult emotions? Accessing some healthy coping mechanisms such as art, sport, therapy etc. could perhaps help to make this more manageable.

Take care.
  • Options
    i draw, play pc games only wen im in a calm frame of mind, how do i keep tht regular? im moving so it triggered memories of wen i was goin through bad stuff
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    cocobeancocobean Moderator, Staff Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    edited December 2022
    Hi @ellie2000 it's great that you're talking about this. It sounds like you struggle to draw and play PC games when you're not feeling calm. This can be a really difficult thing to do.

Would you feel comfortable with talking to someone you trust about how you are feeling? This could be a friend, a family member or your doctor.

Remember you are not alone, and your feelings are valid and safe here. Please keep talking about how you're feeling <3