Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should i be concerned about my very little tight foreskin?

confusedconfused Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi, I've done this research and i got to know that a tight foreskin means phimosis, but i couldn't understand this that i am able to retract my foreskin down to my penis head but not able to retract it very fully down to the end ,just below the head, but when i pull it back below the head it then doesn't goes back up very easily i need to wait for my penis to become normal or small so then the foreskin can go back up and cover the head of my penis, should i be worried about it though i have no pain or any kind of redness or swelling. Please help me out.
Summary :- I think my foreskin is a very little tight.

Comments

• Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Hey @confused

I am not a doctor, and I don't have a penis, but I know that my partner had a very tight foreskin and was often painful for him (I know you have said you experience no pain) so he went to the doctors and they removed it for him. I'm not sure what age he was as this was all before I met him. I guess it depends how worried you are about it and if this would be something you would consider if it is negatively impacting your life. I'd say the best thing to do would be to go to a doctor and get an expert's opinion on it. How does that sound?
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to The Mix!! This is a really important question, and I think it's awesome how in tune with your own body you are @confused !! You make a good point about there being no pain or swelling (i.e., nothing indicating something 'bad' happening) which is great news =) However, I would argue that discomfort or a lack of comfort is not always described as pain. Just because your foreskin is not causing unbearable pain, this does not necessarily mean you are comfortable with how it currently functions.

I completely agree with @RenP 's suggestion of speaking to a doctor anyway, because that can never hurt! I'd also be open to hearing more about your emotions about your foreskin. I know that probably sounds silly, but it's good to put names to feelings (e.g., do you feel worried or neutral?) sometimes talking things out in this way is useful also <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.