Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

And breathe.

lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
Hello to everyone!

If you're new to this discussion boards, welcome! Make yourself settled! :heart:

I went on a very long hiatus from everything and everyone and it's been a while. To those I've actively kept in contact with, I'm very sorry for the sudden disappearance. Things have been hectic on my end and what started as a break ended up being a long isolation period. I've been feeling overwhelmed with self-destructive and suicidal thoughts, I'm unfortunately delving into bad eating and promiscuous habits again and I don't know what to do with myself. I'm just doubting everything that I do and the people I surround myself with. The medications I'm currently taking are both increasing and subduing my emotions and I don't know what to do.

So hi again.
How are you?

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Welcome back Moon, it's good to see you again! Sorry to hear you've been struggling recently, hopefully you're feeling okay right now? In regards to your medication(s) I believe you were keeping a mood diary to help out with that process, is that something that's ongoing or something you feel is finished now? Looking forward to seeing you around. :)
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @lovemimoon

Welcome back, it's great to have you on the boards again. I'm hearing that you feeling overwhelmed and struggling with suicidal thoughts and bad eating habits. That sounds really difficult. Please reach out to someone if you need help. You can call samaritans on 116 123 if you need to speak to someone. You can also contact Beat https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk/get-information-and-support/get-help-for-myself/ for advice and support with eating habits.

I'm also hearing that you are struggling with your emotions as a result of your medication. How would you feel about reaching out to your GP and asking for their advice with this?

Well done for reaching out, please keep us updated with how you're feeling :)
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,074 Wise Owl
    Hi, just wanted to say welcome back as well, and i'm sorry to hear that you have been feeling this way. Remember to take care of yourself and know that we are all here for you. Like the others have said as well, please reach out to someone, whether it be someone you know or a support service, if you continue to have these feelings

Sending hugs :3
    Sinead
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @lovemimoon Welcome back. I am sorry you are going through such a tough time especially with the breakup and suicidal thoughts. I am glad you took some time out for yourself and you can always reach out to us when you feel you are struggling. Please do not lose hope. We are here for you.
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Hey @lovemimoon

Welcome back! A physical break from everyone and everything is so needed from time to time for your mental, whether that be short or long, so I hope it did some good for you <3

It can be very easy to spiral when lots of things are happening at the same time, each thing affects the other etc, but the fact that you're now able to come back to these forums and share that on here is amazing in itself!

Do you think you could say why you are feeling doubtful of everything you do? What is it that you are doubting in regards to those you are surrounding yourself with? Have you thought about changing medications maybe?

I'm Ren, I'm still pretty new to the boards but it's nice to meet you :)
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I'm so grateful that you're looking to come back, even if it's just to talk a bit, or laugh about silly things @lovemimoon <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.