Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

about chatrooms

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
why do they open with ASL, AND THEN GO INTO STUFF?

DW i dont anymore i did it coz i was lonely and the world was toxic
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    It's a positive step you're taking reaching out for support when you're feeling lonely @ellie2000 <3

Can you share a bit more about what you mean by asl and the chatrooms you used? We hope they are a supportive place but if anything is happening that you feel isn't okay let us know and we'll do our best to help <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    men asking asl (age, s*x, location) then they transfered the chat onto another platform. i just think about life. wen it was happening they asked me for pictures and webcam, i cleverly steered it away frm the convo. idk y but i went back to the same chats, i thought i was hoping for some normal human beings. but they turned their webcam on i cant forget a elderly, wrinkly, limp d*ck.
    those chats to the strangers was after i closed in. luckily it didnt last long, but then i was :( by other humans beings in person nd i had no distractions,
    i stilll hurt
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    You make such a sad, but truthful point about some webchatting rooms @ellie2000 :( We often go on their to connect and find some sense of social interaction, which can be amazing when we are feeling deeply lonely and too tired to go beyond the four walls of our bedroom. However, all too often the person you end up speaking to can be creepy, off-putting and even downright harassing. Being exposed to genitals when you did not ask for that is definitely a violation and should be treated very seriously, yet we still see it too often on these platforms.

I know that must be gutting for anyone, but especially when you are there trying to find decent human beings :( reaching out to trust others only to be met with such awful behaviour is so mentally draining. I am curious if you have ever interacted with someone that made you happy on any of these chatrooms? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    chatrooms didnt/dont/rarely have ppl tht were nice. they told me their fatasies, if i was there with them. i didnt leave the convos coz they used to use words to worry me
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i hav still nightmares of everything, thts y i find it hard to sleep at nite
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Ah, I think I understand what you mean, I think people in these online spheres can be quite rude and harmful because they are less fearful of repercussions given that they are online. It's quite messed up really, because then it leaves young people all the more exposed to creepy behaviour. When you say their words used to worry you, what do you mean by that @ellie2000 ? x
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i was worried at the time anyway with ppl, and them forcing sex chat and exposing themselves on webcam made me more worried to the point they had me i was scared to close msg boxes, they used to ask to see, but i remember i sed 'i dont want any more' been scared eva since.
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000 i agree it can be horribly worrying and scary on these chat rooms, that’s why I don’t use them since I had a bad experience too. Do you avoid them too now?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    i avoid :) coz therapist made me see :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I'm glad you have a therapist who understands and supports you in processing experiences like this <3 It's a very terrifying situation to be put in, especially when you're young and vulnerable online, it's no wonder you look to avoid these spaces now. xx

In a more general sense, I think the internet has advanced so quickly, that we couldn't necessarily keep up with how to protect young people in a virtual world @ellie2000 . I mean, I don't think my mum even knows what Omegle is even though her kids were on it!