Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Partner 😊

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hey guys,

So I thought I'd make a post talking about my Partner, she's an absolute joy to have and I couldn't be happier 😊she makes me happier than anyone I've been with, also eight months together I can't believe it honestly, it feels like a dream but it's not it's reality and I can't stop smiling every time we talk or I think about her.

Considering Ive been thinking I'm a freak, I keep thinking that I'm not enough, but I'm starting to believe I am, she honestly makes my life better although I probs make hers worse as I'm not a big help, but I'm really trying to help, even though Ik I'm not enough but I will keep trying to help her anyway I can

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @awesomeminecraft6789 Hey I’m glad your happy with her mate just remember you are enough and you do help people you help me by just being there and listening to my stressful life situations 😂 I want to say thankyou to you for being there❤️
  • Options
    @awesomeminecraft6789 Hey I’m glad your happy with her mate just remember you are enough and you do help people you help me by just being there and listening to my stressful life situations 😂 I want to say thankyou to you for being there❤️

I love her so much.
  • Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Hey guys,

So I thought I'd make a post talking about my Partner, she's an absolute joy to have and I couldn't be happier 😊she makes me happier than anyone I've been with, also eight months together I can't believe it honestly, it feels like a dream but it's not it's reality and I can't stop smiling every time we talk or I think about her.

Considering Ive been thinking I'm a freak, I keep thinking that I'm not enough, but I'm starting to believe I am, she honestly makes my life better although I probs make hers worse as I'm not a big help, but I'm really trying to help, even though Ik I'm not enough but I will keep trying to help her anyway I can

This is beautiful, thank you for posting, how are you?
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    This is such a heartwarming post. Thank you so much for sharing - super pleased for you!

You absolutely are enough, and I am SO happy to hear that you are starting to believe that you are. Your partner sounds wonderful :heart:
  • Options
    Aww thanks she really is, honestly, I love her so much
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    This is absolutely amazing to hear @awesomeminecraft6789 💜 so happy for you. I hope she knows just how much she means to you. I noticed you said you feel you might not be a big help to her / make her life worse - have you shared this concern with her?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Lucy307 wrote: »
    This is absolutely amazing to hear @awesomeminecraft6789 💜 so happy for you. I hope she knows just how much she means to you. I noticed you said you feel you might not be a big help to her / make her life worse - have you shared this concern with her?

I have but I don't know if she's taking it in
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789 I am really happy to hear that you have someone special in your life who means a lot too you. <3

Just following on from what @Lucy307 said, you mentioned that you don't feel that she is taking in your concerns about how you feel you may not be a help too her and that you are making her life worse.

It can be difficult when we have these worries, and sometimes reassurance is what we need too help things feel a little more clear.

How do you feel about being able too broach the subject with her again, if needs be?

Jade
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Jade09 wrote: »
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789 I am really happy to hear that you have someone special in your life who means a lot too you. <3

Just following on from what @Lucy307 said, you mentioned that you don't feel that she is taking in your concerns about how you feel you may not be a help too her and that you are making her life worse.

It can be difficult when we have these worries, and sometimes reassurance is what we need too help things feel a little more clear.

How do you feel about being able too broach the subject with her again, if needs be?

Jade

I feel like now if I need to tell her I can even though its hard lol
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789

Thank you for sharing. It's so easy to feel this way when you have self doubt and you have met someone amazing and feel it's too good to be true. I've been with my partner for just over a year now and when I feel moments of intense love, it's sometimes tainted by feelings of abandonment because I don't know what I did to deserve him or what I would do if he left me. To the point I'm not enjoying it as much as I could be because I'm paranoid.

When you were honest with her the first time, what made you feel like she wasn't taking it in? It's great that you feel like you can tell her now if you need to, of course these conversations are going to be hard and uncomfortable when we are opening up. We could go through years with our partners feeling this way but some people are worth the risk of getting hurt. It's amazing that you're starting to believe you are enough because self love really is the key to contentment!

You've spent 8 months with her so enjoy every moment together.

Allow your relationship to flourish and more importantly allow yourself the love you deserve.

YOU ARE ENOUGH ❤
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Ah I love to hear about the beautiful effect your partner is having upon your own self-esteem @awesomeminecraft6789 !! Sometimes, just having another person repeatedly tell us how worth it we are is enough to begin a change in our own self-perception. It's like a catalyst for being able to trust what others are telling us. <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.