Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Going away for a while

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
Hello lovely people 🙂 just a lil personal update from me...

I'm taking some time out for my mental health. I'm not sure how long for yet, but you won't see me online for a while. I'll be focusing on getting myself to a healthier, overall more balanced place.

I don't mind sharing that 2019 was a rough year for me, then COVID hit and we all know how difficult that was (and still is). A lot has happened in my life over the past few years, and now I'm starting to emotionally process what it all means for me and what I need to heal.

The team will keep everything running in my absence, though there may be times where it takes @TheMix a little longer to respond to DMs or pick up emails. You're always very patient with us anyway.

When you next see me online, it'll be because I'm ready to be back and in a better place.

Stay awesome 🐱‍👤💚
The truth resists simplicity.

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Thank you for all you do / have done for us Mike. All the best to you during your break and beyond. :)
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,086 Wise Owl
    Take your time and enjoy your break - you deserve it :)<3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    @Mike, you have been amazing on the boards and I really enjoy seeing you. I hope you enjoy your break and take all the time you need. Enjoy your rest. Look forward to seeing you soon <3 . All the best,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    take care of yourself Mike - hope to see you back when things are better for you. X
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,854 Master Poster
    I think that you are extremely brave for making this decision to take time for yourself. It can be very hard to realise when you need to take a step back but once it happens, it can be very helpful. As other people have also said, thank you for all of your hard work on the discussion boards. I hope that you feel better soon. Things like this can take time.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    That's totally okay, take all the time you need Mike. :) As others have said you've done a lot, so now it's time for a well deserved break. :3

Take care :+1:
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    take care, hope you're feeling better soon, but big props for being so upfront about why you're leaving and i hope it makes other people take self care so seriously, i know i will now!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    Take care Mike, hope the break does some good! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    Great to see you back @Mike, hope you had a good break. :3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,854 Master Poster
    Mike is back! :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    Welcome back Mike it sounds like you have had a very busy break. I'm glad you bare back and I look forward to seeing you again on here :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    Mike wrote: »
    Thank you so much everyone. 💚 I had a peek at this thread just after I went away and your messages really made me happy. Your support means the world.

After my break, a bad bout of COVID, and a house move, I'm back! You'll start seeing me around again from this week and I'm excited to catch up on what y'all have been up to. :)

Welcome back @Mike, great to have you back!! Sounds like a crazy few months.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,086 Wise Owl
    welcome back @Mike - good to have you back on the boards :3

Sending hugs,
    Sinead
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks everyone! You could say it's been a tiny bit busy. 😅 Funny how these things always happen at once eh? Super happy to be back here again.
    The truth resists simplicity.