Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Support Chat Thread - Saturday 6th August

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47oahvr8ex055xoabk3cedjjcq31r9fug9dahb3z9h&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Me again, just your friendly neighbourhood Spidermanmod with a new support chat thread. We will be here till roughly 9.30/10.

This thread tonight in place of support chat, which is a space to talk through any thing that may be on your mind. As always, please make sure you check out the guidelines before posting and remember that replies may be a bit slower than you'd expect in chat.

If you need a break or a bit of light hearted relief, we will be using the general chat thread too.

So, does anyone have any ideas for an opening round?
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    hey
  • Options
    Hey @Mel_ how are you getting on?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    @Ed_ not great, currently talking to shout while on here due to the suicidal thoughts tbh, really struggling as I find out definitely on Thursday if it goes to court or not.
  • Options
    Really proud of you for reaching out to shout at a time when you are feeling suicidal. I can totally appreciate how stressful this wait is for you. How have you been coping since the last time we had chat on here?

• Options
    i've literally just been working constantly if I'm honest. i don't think I've really stopped. I'm off this weekend hence the thoughts returning. i just honestly don't want to hear the results on Thursday, like I feel like I'm in panic mode now especially with a date to know.
  • Options
    Ah yeah, when things slow down, very easy for the mind to dwell on the one thing we don't want it to. Have they told you a time that you will find out? If not, is it worth asking if you can choose the timings of it, so that you have something you can control? That way you know you won't be wondering *when* they will tell you.

• Options
    i'm either coming to see them, therefore my old care co can come with me...well she offered to. or they will come see me...they said they will confirm a time on Monday. however I feel like if its bad news and I'm seeing them ill just walk out & do something (which I kinda cant say on here)
  • Options
    It's good that you have some clarity and hopefully some support with you too, am I right in thinking that you had a good relationship with your old care co? If so, do you feel able to tell them what may happen if it is bad news? Are there things that you can organise for after you find out to try and prevent yourself from doing things you are worried may happen?

• Options
    yeah my old care co is amazing tbh wouldn't be here or alive without her...even though id much rather not be alive but lol. Not sure if I can tell them...i saw them yesterday morning and I wanted to but got scared. maybe ill need to text/write it down to them...idk. i don't know what I can organise I don't know if id be able to cope
  • Options
    Writing things down to share with people can be a good way of sharing things we find to hard to do in person. Do you think you could text them now to get that over and done with?

• Options
    im not sure texting them now is a great idea...as they literally wouldn't see it until Monday
  • Options
    I guess the key thing is that they would see it when they get to it, and then it is one less thing to have to think about in preparation for Thursday...sometimes it can be easy to put off doing something and then never end up doing it.

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,209 Boards Champion
    I wanna go home :'(
  • Options
    yeah i guess, guess maybe im a little hesitant to do it. i almost feel like I shouldn't tell professionals how I'm feeling and what id do if it doesn't go well idk why. After not being believed last time I attempted it almost feels pointless.
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    I wanna go home :'(

Sending hugs your way @Chloe234 - Where are you right now?

• Options
    Mel_ wrote: »
    yeah i guess, guess maybe im a little hesitant to do it. i almost feel like I shouldn't tell professionals how I'm feeling and what id do if it doesn't go well idk why. After not being believed last time I attempted it almost feels pointless.

Totally understand the hesitancy when you have had a bad experience of opening up to professionals, but this is the kind of thing that they are exactly in their role for. Perhaps you could say there is something that you want to share but are feeling hesitant about doing so, and explain a bit about what is making you feel hesitant that way, they should know that it is important to have a conversation with you, but you don't have to go into full detail right now

• Options
    Ed_ wrote: »
    Mel_ wrote: »

Totally understand the hesitancy when you have had a bad experience of opening up to professionals, but this is the kind of thing that they are exactly in their role for. Perhaps you could say there is something that you want to share but are feeling hesitant about doing so, and explain a bit about what is making you feel hesitant that way, they should know that it is important to have a conversation with you, but you don't have to go into full detail right now

Yeah...maybe..ill think about it overnight and see..I'll definitely text her saying something but I just have to figure out how to word it
  • Options
    That's great :) Do remember that the community are here for you and services such as Shout too. Do you think that you can do anything tonight that can be showing some kindness to yourself? Could be a simple as having a bath or getting yourself a nice snack. I am sure the community will have plenty of suggestions of ideas if you are struggling for ideas.

• Options
    I am going to be logging off soon, so just wanted to drop in with a few extra support options as appreciate there are a lot of people holding a lot right now. The Mix team will be online in the morning, but in the mean time, do reach out to any of these if you are finding things tough right now:
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11

As a wind down from chat tonight, here are a few distraction options to give a go. Do add your own distraction idea as a closing round for tonight :3

Try a yoga breathing session
    Watch some pandas having fun
    Try the impossible quiz

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,098 Community Veteran
    edited August 2022
    @Ed_ Aw thank you Ed I just tried out the impossible quiz and it's soo funny but hard, you really have to think outside the box!. I also tried Subway Surfers on the Poki website and a The Last Of Us themed puzzle game which I found interesting to play.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    I just recently went virtual for my school and it's so incredibly hard to focus!!
    "But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan