Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where to get suit jacket for sixth form

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,802 Master Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I am going to be starting sixth form in September but there is a slight issue that I have. I know that this is a rule that many sixth forms also have but I need to get a suit jacket. The issue is, I don't know where to get it from especially on a tight budget. I have looked online but the only suit jackets there are either for males or they are too expensive. I don't know how the sizing works either so I would preferably need to get it from a shop rather than online so I at least have the chance to try on the jacket there and then rather than ordering one online, waiting for it to arrive, finding that it is too small and then having to send it back and wait for a refund before being able to try and get another one which means repeating the same cycle over and over again. What shops are good for being able to get a suit jacket for females at a reasonable price (prefefably no more than about £25.)
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Does your sixth form have a list of recommended suppliers for uniform? Sometimes schools/colleges might give the name of the supplier so you'll be able to check them out, though they can be pricey.

You could try supermarkets like Tescos or ASDA as they will often have a workwear section, where you might be able to get a suit jacket or a blazer from. They should be fairly reasonable in price.

Another option is to try charity shops. They will be cheap though it's hit and miss whether they will have a suit jacket and one in your size, but they might still be worth checking out.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    chloe224488chloe224488 Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    I agree with @Maisy that supermarkets and charity shops are great places to look. You could also try some of the big high-street shops like H&M or New Look which tend to do cheaper blazers and there is often a sale rack where you might be lucky to find a bargain or two :)
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,802 Master Poster
    From what I have seen on my school website, there doesn't seem to be any list of recommended suppliers. Well there is for the lower school because they have a set uniform but not for sixth form. I don't have any friends that are in sixth form so I can't ask them. Thank you for the ideas about the places to buy the suit jacket. If I have any success, I will make sure to put an update on here. It might not be for a few days or weeks though depending on when I can get to a shop.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hi I agree with the idea @Maisy mentioned about charity shops. I know sometimes you can get blazers for a very good price in some charity shops and they are well priced. There's also supermarkets that sell work wear and blazers. I totally agree that some blazers are often found in the men's section and that it is quite rare to find a women's blazer most of the time. I also know m & s do blazers but they can be a bit pricey though. Hope ur able to find what u need, <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films