Home General Chat Polls of the Week
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ANSWER POLL BEFORE YOU LOOK AT THE SPOILERS!

spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
edited July 2022 in Polls of the Week
You save an old man from getting hit by a car when he was crossing the road, not noticing the car approaching him. Thankful, he asks you to sit at the picnic table at the park with him and presents you with 5 items that he just took out of his bag.
"This is to show my gratitude," he explains, "pick one and choose wisely."
You feel a little uneasy as these seemingly ordinary items doesn’t feel so ordinary, but you are excited all the same.

Painting 🖼️
The painting catches your eye. It looks like an ordinary painting you would see hanging on a wall but there's something special about it. While your day vision remains the same, you also now have slightly above average night vision. You now also have the ability to know what people's personalities are just by looking at them and you know the entire history of whatever you look at. This can make you feel sad sometimes as some people are not who you thought they were and some places have a tragic history, but the world never ceases to amaze you from all the things you learn.

Headphones 🎧
"Not much use headphones are for me," says the old man, "I'm getting deafer by the minute."
You thank him and when you get home, you listen to your favourite tunes when suddenly, you feel a pain from how loud it is. You quickly take them off and you hear things you never heard before. You can hear your neighbour blinking next door and when you focus, you can hear things within a 5 mile radius. This gets overwhelming sometimes but you also know everyone's secrets. You also becoming more alert from being able to hear things which will later save your life.

Bouquet 💐
The bouquet smells sweeter than most other flowers, like honey. When you take a proper whiff of the scent, you start noticing other smells. You even notice the metallic and leathery scent of the headphones even though your not holding them. You notice bad smells more too unfortunately, and no one understands the stink you smell, but you later find that you can smell out diseases which will later save lives and you can also smell high value items which later makes you a fortune.

Teddy Bear 🧸
"My granddaughter suddenly feels like she's too old for stuffed animals," the old man sighs.
As soon as you hold the teddy and feel the soft fur between your fingers, the uneasiness completely diminishes and you are immediately filled with comfort. After this, you notice that some people feel more comfortable around you, usually after touching you in some way, often by a hug or high five. They open up to you more and they immediately feel better. You notice that it makes people feel better physically too after someone's papercut disappeared after a handshake. You find out that one touch makes people heal.

Sweet 🍬
You unwrap the sweet and pop it in your mouth. It was the nicest thing you ever tasted, an explosion of flavours that coats your taste buds with delight. You then die. You got poisoned. That's what you get for accepting candy from a stranger.

Refuse items ❌
The old man smiles and says, "You really are a good person, helping out and not expecting anything in return."
He then walks away without saying goodbye. You later succeed in life, get everything you ever want, living the dream.
Whats a signatureeeww

ANSWER POLL BEFORE YOU LOOK AT THE SPOILERS! 17 votes

Painting 🖼️
11% 2 votes
Headphones 🎧
17% 3 votes
Bouquet 💐
11% 2 votes
Teddy Bear 🧸
23% 4 votes
Sweet 🍬
5% 1 vote
Refuse items ❌
29% 5 votes
Post edited by spoon on

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,192 Boards Champion
    I picked to refuse items :) i picked this because i believe that kindness is a reward in itself and you should do it without needing or wanting things in return.

Anyways haha thats not what im writong this comment for, im writing it to say @spoon 😂😂that sweet spoiler made me laugh haha but it is very true😂
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    +1 to the sweet spoiler making me laugh, I also chose to refuse, though perhaps more from feeling awkward than anything else
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,055 Community Veteran
    I chose the headphones as I'm a fan of music and I feel confident when I have headphones on. I would have kinda felt bad if I refused the items eventhough kindness should be done out of the heart and not for rewards or anything in return. I really loved this thread.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    Damn, what a ride this was. :sweat_smile: Also appreciated the sweet spoiler.

I almost declined too, but I was reading something recently about how accepting gifts of thanks can mean a lot to the person giving them (something I also relate to), especially for older people who like to feel like they're giving back or helping. So I went for the painting.

Have to admit, I can't tell if it's a blessing or a curse, but I've always been quite interested in people so it's fitting either way. Plus, having a painting is cool. 🤷‍♂️
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,852 Master Poster
    The teddy bear is too cute to say no to!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    I do want something for risking my neck to save some old dude whose years are numbered anyway, but i thought the painting and the bouquet might have some emotional meaning and the headphones or teddy might be expensive so i went sweets.. well that's what i get for thinking this through too much x
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    i was teaching my nephew about stranger danger and his very good plan is to punch strangers in the nuts, and i told him it could be a woman too, and that's when i find out my sister hasn't told him yet and i'm in lots of trouble
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    Teddy bear~! X3
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3