Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

therapists

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,990 Community Veteran
is it possible tht 1 knew wat she was doin, putting fear in you. was it fair tht the next time the next 1 had to clean everything tht the last 1 left
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I'm not sure if that is necessarily fair, when one therapist is gone and you have to work with another it can be a difficult transition, especially if we are not receiving the same kind of care from both professionals. When you talk about the next one cleaning everything, what do you mean by that @ellie2000 ? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i was shaky wen i went to the professional bc i saw a unproffessional therapist b4 who toyed with my emotions. nd now therapy hav stopped i coo-coo
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    will a different setting help
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Are you thinking about a different therapy setting, Ellie? It can definitely vary between therapists, they can be very different
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    moving entirely? will tht make me better
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Potentially moving towards a fresh start can be useful for some people, they feel as though they can commence a new journey with their mental health, I suppose @ellie2000 x

I'm wondering what makes a good therapist to you? Some people find it useful to state their preferences before they are merely 'assigned' a random therapist as it helps them to work with someone who will actually be effective for them.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    A therapist who has their certificate on show, and a therapist who knows what I say and has the knowledge to use tht in positive way and we work together to figure out stuff
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    That sounds about right Ellie! Are you looking for a new therapist at the moment, I think you said your old sessions had come to an end?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    is peer support the same thing?
    what does edmr do, would it bring back bad feelings? my dr sed thts the only thing avaliable?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Peer support is a bit different as it's more like talking with a person who has been through the same/similar things to you. For example, a two people who have been diagnosed with schizophrenia might engage in peer support together, because it's about speaking to someone who can best understand your pain/problems at the time!

EMDR (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing therapy) aims to get the person/patient to change their perceptions of traumatic events to allow them to process their emotions and to eventually heal from them. There has been great success for many people with this approach, here is some more information if you want to have a look:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/your-stories/how-emdr-helped-me/

You raise a good point about whether the bad feelings would come back, and most people who undergo this type of treatment do talk about how uncomfortable and difficult the first few sessions are because you're being forced to abruptly confront the harsh reality of your trauma. However, because this is done in a guided setting with a professional right there to support you, this should ease some of the pain and anxiety.

Plus, many people say that once they have moved past the first few attempts, they feel increasingly confident in confronting their mental anguish. What are you thinking about this type of therapy? xx
  • Options
    Just checking if this made sense to you @ellie2000 and if you need any other support I am here <3