Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

shootings nd a legacy

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    wat made rachel and cassie a story to pay attention to?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    When you say 'all get out of hand' what do you mean by that @ellie2000 ? I completely agree that gun violence has been an ongoing issue globally, not just in terms of mass shootings but also in terms of interpersonal violence using guns. I definitely feel it's wrong how accessible guns are, because they can end a life in an instant without even so much as a thought.

What has got you thinking about guns at the minute? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    theres been two shootings on valentines day, tht i no of apart from columbine. tht 1 tht E.R (the vlogger) and this 1. schools should b closed on v day coz both did it on tht day. but the americans too stupid to recognise it. wat i mean by 'get out of hand' is did guns become a trend after tht point?
    i saw the recent case showing on youtube
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Ah, thank you for explaining, this makes a lot more sense now @ellie2000 . I think you raise a really good point, here about how gun violence spreads extremely quickly and researchers actually say that shooting sprees influence other people to commit similar crimes, which is deeply scary given the rate at which shootings have increased in recent years. You can read more about this idea here (proceed with caution though):

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/08/06/748767807/mass-shootings-can-be-contagious-research-shows?t=1659377939932

I suppose any date of significance (whether national or personal) could inspire a person to cause such a disaster and closing schools on any particular day could be a justifiable argument. Perhaps, the infeasibility of this is why many lobby the government for gun reforms !! xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.