Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

CAMHS

Past UserPast User In a holePosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Morgan007

I understand why you may feel this way, you are entitled to how you feel. I am really sorry for what you are going through at the moment. I know it may not always feel like it but CAMHS have a person centred approach meaning you are the one that is in control of your recovery. No one can tell you you have to do something, they are there to give suggestions, support and advice on how you can recover but you yourself will be doing all the hard work and you are still in control of what methods you want to try!

Hope this helps <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hey Morgan, sorry to hear what you're going through. I think it can feel natural sometimes to want to have that control over your recovery (I can definitely relate!), but letting someone help you is okay. CAMHS have lots of experienced staff that are really helpful. If they can help you in your recovery, I think it's worth allowing them to help you out :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Just echoing what Azziman and Daisyella have said, have you thought about talking to CAMHS about these feelings and how it is important for you to be in control of your recovery? This may help them tailor their support to help you with this :3
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    hi @Morgan007 hope you are doing ok, thank you for having the courage to share, because I think many people can relate to this. It can be scary to not feel in control, but recovery is not always easy and something that you do not have to go through by yourself. I think it’s best to communicate your concerns to CAMHS, and hopeful you can work something out. They should understand and tailor things to your needs. Take care of yourself ❤️
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I understand there is a lot of stigma around CAMHS not being great but I really got on well with my worker I was allocated when I was at there age range . Sometimes we have to take the leap into something we’re anxious about 💜
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.