Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I miss talking to Childline

AngelAngel Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
I lied to them about my age as I told them I was 17 but was actually 21. The reason I did that is because I I was feeling really sad because I were being bullied by a girl at my college. They were very nice to me. However I asked them to call my college and they said they found out that I was 21 and they couldn't support me no more. The next day I was really upset and wasn't doing any lessons at college.

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,612 Legendary Poster
    There’s other services out there for adults @Angel, I know things don’t just change for the better as soon as you become an adult. I work on a helpline that supports both young people and adults, so they are out there.

Services like Samaritans and Shout are always available to help you. And remember you can always use the mix’s helpline as well.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AngelAngel Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    What helpline is it
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,612 Legendary Poster
    Angel wrote: »
    What helpline is it

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say here @Angel, but they all work in a similar way just some are phone and some are text.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    It's OK, I emailed themix an hour ago
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2022
    Hi @Angel. Thanks for reaching out to us.

It is really positive to hear that you have previously found Childline helpful. Though, it sounds difficult that you cannot access their support anymore due to your age.

As @independent_ said, there are support options available. Would you like to tell us more about how you are currently feeling and what you are experiencing?

We are here for you if you want to share more with us. We can listen to you and signpost you to further support if you wish! Hopefully, you will receive a response soon.

Please feel free to keep us in the loop with how you are doing, we are all here for you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I contacted themix helpline last night
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds really positive that you contacted The Mix's helpline last night @Angel. I can sense the strength this might have taken. How are you feeling today? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    OK, I'm thinking about talking to them on the phone tomorrow with them. I emailed them. My dad will be at work tomorrow. I do not want him listening to my private conversation with them because he'll think there is something wrong
  • liv_roseliv_rose Posts: 17 Settling in
    @Angel I am sorry to hear what you have been going through. I think it is a good idea to call the Mix and talk to someone about how you are feeling. It's understandable that you want to speak in private and it sounds like you are taking the right steps. :)