Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling absolutely exhausted

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I haven't done much. I feel absolutely drained. I hope everything can end soon. Every heartbeat hurts. And I am so disappointed with myself.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    You have shown so much strength in acknowledging how you feel and expressing how you feel @Kate_20.

It sounds like you are currently feeling drained, hoping everything can end soon, every heartbeat hurts and you are disappointed in yourself.

Would you like to tell us more about what you are currently experiencing? - for example, what "everything" is and what you are disappointed in yourself for.

We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    I hear you @Kate_20. I can hear how much pain you’re in. It won’t last forever, I hope you can see that and are keeping yourself safe? I know it’s been a couple of days since you posted, how are you feeling?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    @Laura_tigger82 @Lucy307 Not great. I haven't managed well the transition from a student to a graduate. It is stressful. And I still feel worthless. My suffering won't end together with the degree. When I tried to read long articles, I was still unable to read because I could barely concentrate. And I am very disappointed with myself because of the inability to read longer articles.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    Hey @Kate_20, I'm really sorry to hear that you've been feeling drained and that you've been struggling with your transition from a student to a graduate. I understand how overwhelming and difficult this sudden change can be.

I can sympathise with how hard it is to read long articles, there's a lot of reading in my degree as well. Please remember that you're not alone in feeling overwhelmed and feeling like you can't concentrate when it comes to reading long articles. Does your university have any tips/resources that you could use when it comes to reading articles?

Something that could help is scanning through the article to go through the subheadings to identify the important sections to read, for example, in my degree, the sections that are usually important are the results and discussion sections - this has helped me a lot since it not only saves a lot of time, but also breaks long and wordy articles into smaller chunks, hopefully making it more manageable for you to focus :smile:

Please keep trying your best, I hope everything gets better for you <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )