Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My parents blamed me for having depression

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
My parents said that I am just lazy and I was finding excuses and that I'm not trying to get better. They said that they look down upon me. They said that they want me to learn from my mistakes (sleeping in daytime and having no income).
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Kate_20

I'm so sorry your parents aren't understanding of the struggles you are facing with depression. It might be a good idea to ask them to educate themselves, or you could try and educate them about depression. Only do this if you feel comfortable.

We're all here for you <3
  • Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    @daisyella12 Thanks. They don't want to educate themselves. They asked me to educate them but I lack energy.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    So sorry to hear about this. You're doing your best to get by and get better, and that's what counts. Just know that you've got supportive people who'll understand you here <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.