Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anime

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok.. I kept getting a list of good anime to download but lost it :(

Anyway Atm I'm into,guyver, Ghost in the shell, and last exile, but can anyone offer any good anime to download?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Akira
    Adventure Duo
    the ones you mentioned
    Dragon Ball Z?
    And there was an amazing film but I can't remember it's name :(
  • Options
    gundam wing: endless waltz
    dominion tank police
    patlabor 1 & 2
    ninja scroll
    perfect blue

that should do to start u off
  • Options
    Also... any movies not series like dragon ball, as it'll save me space on my HDD, as i got alot on there,
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Also... any movies not series like dragon ball, as it'll save me space on my HDD, as i got alot on there,

the ones i said are movies
  • Options
    Cowboy Bebop is ace. There's a series and a movie but I personally think it's better to watch the movie after having seen the series.

Movies..
    Mononoke Hime/Princess Mononoke is one of my fave ones.
    Macross Plus is another one I like.
    Grave of the Fireflies... this one made me very emotional. :P

Can't remember any other movies atm.. I must be getting old. :P
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    the ones i said are movies

Thank you mate
  • Options
    Ghost in the Shell
    Ghost in the Shell: Innocence
    My neighbour Tortoro
    Spirited away
    Death and Rebirth / End of Evangelion

oh and it's probably best to say what's a good anime rather than what's the best to download.
  • Options
    I havnt seen it but i keep meaning to look into it: Final Fantasy Unlimited.
  • Options
    anything by studio ghibli is great:

my neighbour totoro, princess mononoke, castle in the sky, kiki's delivery service, spirited away - those are the ones i've got, but there are more. it's along a more disney line than the animes you listed, but still totally worth a watch.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    Ghost in the Shell
    Ghost in the Shell: Innocence
    My neighbour Tortoro
    Spirited away
    Death and Rebirth / End of Evangelion

oh and it's probably best to say what's a good anime rather than what's the best to download.

Ghost in the shell was pure quality, I wanna get the second movie aswell but got told it isn't out yet.

thanks everyone:)
  • Options
    The tv series of Ghost in the Shell is fine as well, though the engrish subtitles make it a bit difficult without some japanese.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    The tv series of Ghost in the Shell is fine as well, though the engrish subtitles make it a bit difficult without some japanese.

yeah... i figured that why the movie i download was in english :D
  • Options
    I really dont like Anime. I just think its really sick and disturbing.
    I was watching the sci-fi channel a couple of years a go and there was some anime on. Dunno what its called but all i remember is that there was this huge dick absorbing people in a city, and getting bigger and bigger as is absorbed more people and then busting a load flooding the city. Who the fuck comes up with this stuff.
  • Options
    Not all anime is like that.. some is just a pure gore fest :p
  • Options
    It's great, as are anime console/computer games. Shenmue II is great.
  • Options
    I know little to nothing about anime, but my boyfriend bought Ninja Scroll and Ghost in the Shell recently, and I have been instructed to watch them. I also watched Spirited Away last week. Twas fantastic.

Also watched this crazy thing called Alien of Darkness, or something like that. If anone else has seen it, theyll probably know why I laughed so much. And not in a good way.
  • Options
    lex2398lex2398 Posts: 1 Just got here
    thanks
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Hiya @lex2398 , welcome to The Mix!!! it's so wonderful to have you here, and I love to see how excited you are about talking with others on here =) And this thread about anime is certainly very interesting and insightful <3

Just thought I'd mention that we try not to reply to threads that are quite old because sometimes the original poster does not want to be reminded about what they were talking about years ago, or in the case of this thread it might be that a new thread on the same topic can be started and encourage even more people to be active on it!! I hope it's okay that I've mentioned this, and once again I am so glad that you're here on The Mix with us all xxx

(I'm also just going to sink this thread so it doesn't reappear again, and it would be so cool to see an anime thread started by you if you wanted!!) =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.