Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it normal for guys to be suicidal

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hey guys.

I'm just wondering because I don't want to be called a freak or a weirdo tbh because I feel suicidal so unsure if that's even normal and such.

Brandon

Comments

• Options
    sorry
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    never apologise for that!

men are actually more likely to succeed in committing suicide. the fact that you had to ask just proves that there needs to be more awareness about men's mental health. one reason i think that fact is true is because like you, guys are afraid of being seen as freaks or weirdos, because they are taught to hide their emotions which is unfair. guys are human, have emotions, they shouldnt have to bottle them up and im glad ur able to open up here.

you are not a freak. i have friends who were suicidal (both males and females), i had suicidal thoughts in the past and i am so glad they're all alive. unfortunately, suicidal thoughts is more common than you think. the stigma just really sucks arse.

living can feel like hell, but living can be amazing too and going through hell is worth it. its a low key adventure. playing some minecraft, listening to ur favourite songs, waiting for the next episode or disney movie, hoping to see a tourist attraction, waiting for the next time you can hug your love... all are valid reasons to live! one thing that stuck with me is if you have no hope, living out of curiousity can be a good motivation to live, what will happen tomorrow? what will happen 10 years from now? will there be a cure for cancer? will that mate i had a few years back go to prison? for the love of god surely there should be flying cars by now! the next time i feel sad, what will make me laugh? tiny things that make up life, dont u just wanna know what happens next?

have u ever sought out support for ur feelings? did u go to a gp or maybe u could speak to college and ask about getting counselling? trust me, there is no shame.

please dont ever feel like you are alone <3
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    spoon wrote: »

men are actually more likely to succeed in committing suicide. the fact that you had to ask just proves that there needs to be more awareness about men's mental health. one reason i think that fact is true is because like you, guys are afraid of being seen as freaks or weirdos, because they are taught to hide their emotions which is unfair. guys are human, have emotions, they shouldnt have to bottle them up and im glad ur able to open up here.

you are not a freak. i have friends who were suicidal (both males and females), i had suicidal thoughts in the past and i am so glad they're all alive. unfortunately, suicidal thoughts is more common than you think. the stigma just really sucks arse.

living can feel like hell, but living can be amazing too and going through hell is worth it. its a low key adventure. playing some minecraft, listening to ur favourite songs, waiting for the next episode or disney movie, hoping to see a tourist attraction, waiting for the next time you can hug your love... all are valid reasons to live! one thing that stuck with me is if you have no hope, living out of curiousity can be a good motivation to live, what will happen tomorrow? what will happen 10 years from now? will there be a cure for cancer? will that mate i had a few years back go to prison? for the love of god surely there should be flying cars by now! the next time i feel sad, what will make me laugh? tiny things that make up life, dont u just wanna know what happens next?

have u ever sought out support for ur feelings? did u go to a gp or maybe u could speak to college and ask about getting counselling? trust me, there is no shame.

Hi.

Ik of topic buy you like Minecraft? I feel like I said and what you said that I hide what I truly feel inside tbh it's easier then to be picked on for feeling 'bad' you know? But, I don't want to bother people. Thanks though!

Brandon <3
  • Options

Hi.

Ik of topic buy you like Minecraft? I feel like I said and what you said that I hide what I truly feel inside tbh it's easier then to be picked on for feeling 'bad' you know? But, I don't want to bother people. Thanks though!

Brandon <3

i liked playing it with my nephew tho im kinda bad at it, i just kinda take the mickey out of it haha

getting help does not make u a bother. everybody needs some sort of support. people that help out help out because they are decent, not because they are being bothered. not everyone has to know how ur feeling, going to a gp or getting counselling is confidential too so anyone who would pick on u would not know. and anyone who would pick on u r the real freaks. do any of ur friends know? its so important to have a support system of some sort in place.
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options

Hi.

Brandon <3

i liked playing it with my nephew tho im kinda bad at it, i just kinda take the mickey out of it haha

getting help does not make u a bother. everybody needs some sort of support. people that help out help out because they are decent, not because they are being bothered. not everyone has to know how ur feeling, going to a gp or getting counselling is confidential too so anyone who would pick on u would not know. and anyone who would pick on u r the real freaks. do any of ur friends know? its so important to have a support system of some sort in place.

Hey.
    I talk about my feelings to some of my friends but tbh they are mainly busy with their lives which is understandable as not everyone cares enough to ask are you okay. Yeah, I think I'll get in touch with my gp about it. Just hope I don't get judged by them. They are alright though.

I love Minecraft ( my username lol!) Tbh I like any game.
  • Options
    haha i mostly enjoyed slaughtering those animals in minecraft... im not a psycho i wouldnt hurt a fly irl lol, tho i kinda felt like it when one was buzzing around earlier lol

GPs hear it all the time and they want to be doctors so that they can help people for both physical and mental problems. they are the last people who would judge you. give ur gp a try
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    haha i mostly enjoyed slaughtering those animals in minecraft... im not a psycho i wouldnt hurt a fly irl lol, tho i kinda felt like it when one was buzzing around earlier lol

GPs hear it all the time and they want to be doctors so that they can help people for both physical and mental problems. they are the last people who would judge you. give ur gp a try

I'll get My mum to phone them tomorrow or Tuesday! I like building stuff lol. Tbh I don't wanna waste their time but like I know I deserve help too
  • Options
    its their job, if its a waste of time, they wouldnt be doctors lol. hope it goes well!
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    its their job, if its a waste of time, they wouldnt be doctors lol. hope it goes well!

Yeah but others might be unwell and I'm there for suicidal thoughts.
  • Options
    if you have suicidal thoughts, you are unwell! you are just as important
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    if you have suicidal thoughts, you are unwell! you are just as important

Thank you. I was going to join tonight but group chat isn't on! Tbh I was scared to anyway
  • Options
    Just tbh hope it's gone by morning because I've never really had suicidal thoughts but it's draining.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 447 Listening Ear
    edited June 2022
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789 , I'm so sorry that you feel like this. Please don't apologise for feeling this way, it's completely okay. Please remember that you are not alone :smile:

@spoon has given some really great support ^^ like she said, you could speak to your GP or think about getting counselling.

You may find these resources helpful:
    https://www.papyrus-uk.org/
    https://www.samaritans.org/ - you can call them for free on 116 123 or email them on jo@samaritans.org
    https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/feelings-symptoms-behaviours/behaviours/help-for-suicidal-thoughts/

Hoping everything gets better for you <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789 , I'm so sorry that you feel like this. Please don't apologise for feeling this way, it's completely okay. Please remember that you are not alone :smile:

@spoon has given some really great support ^^ like she said, you could speak to your GP or think about getting counselling.

You may find these resources helpful:
    https://www.papyrus-uk.org/
    https://www.samaritans.org/ - you can call them for free on 116 123 or email them on jo@samaritans.org
    https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/feelings-symptoms-behaviours/behaviours/help-for-suicidal-thoughts/

Hoping everything gets better for you <3

Hi.
    I felt really awful. Tbh my head is too much rn.
  • Options
    Really suicidal tbh. Never felt so bad
  • Options

im so sorry you feel that way. i think you should try the link that @kaii suggested. i used to use the samaritans email service
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options

im so sorry you feel that way. i think you should try the link that @kaii suggested. i used to use the samaritans email service

How is there email? Are they supportive btw? I've never reached so idk what I'm doing tbh.
  • Options
    their email is joe@samaritans.org and they usually reply within 24 hours, i personally preferred it over the phone service but i did have a really good call before. it is supportive and its very confidential too.
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    their email is joe@samaritans.org and they usually reply within 24 hours, i personally preferred it over the phone service but i did have a really good call before. it is supportive and its very confidential too.

I'll email them tysm
  • Options
    Tom_DickyTom_Dicky Posts: 1 Just got here
    edited June 2022
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789,
    This is awful to hear and I'm so sorry you're going through this. Have you tried contacting the services @kaii mentioned? These are set up to help people experiencing exactly what you're experiencing now. Alternatively, you can text SHOUT to the samaritans 85258 if thats easier for you.

I hope you take our advice and contact someone, please let us know how you're doing and how it goes if you do contact someone.
  • Options
    Tom_Dicky wrote: »
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789,
    This is awful to hear and I'm so sorry you're going through this. Have you tried contacting the services @kaii mentioned? These are set up to help people experiencing exactly what you're experiencing now. Alternatively, you can text SHOUT to the samaritans 85258 if thats easier for you.

I hope you take our advice and contact someone, please let us know how you're doing and how it goes if you contact someone.

Hi Tom.

I am just about to email Samaritans, as is all to much tbh. But thanks
  • Options
    @awesomeminecraft6789 , good luck with emailing them! It can help to write down your thoughts and feelings in order to understand them better :smile: I hope everything will turn out fine for you <3
  • Options
    kaii wrote: »
    @awesomeminecraft6789 , good luck with emailing them! It can help to write down your thoughts and feelings in order to understand them better :smile: I hope everything will turn out fine for you <3

Thank you. Tbh it's my first time but I've emailed them
  • Options
    @awesomeminecraft6789 I'm happy for you, you're very brave for doing this :smile:
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789. You have been really brave in sharing this with us, thank you. It shows a lot of strength.

I can see our wonderful community members have already provided some potential support options. How have you found these options?

Also, it has been a little while since you last posted on this thread. How have you been doing since? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.