Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Month free from self harm! 🥺💞

LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
edited May 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
I'm a month free from self harm, it's been hard but I am so proud of myself

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Ash1Ash1 Posts: 316 The Mix Regular
    edited August 2022
    Omg!!!!! I'm so proud of youuuuuuuuu 😘 I'm 2 years free from self-harm although I relapsed a few times 😅 And like a week free from self harm in general, and mostly happens when I'm angry, which is like all the time 😐 Aw well done honey! ❤
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    Ash1 wrote: »
    Omg!!!!! I'm so proud of youuuuuuuuu 😘 I'm 2 years free from cutting although I relapsed a few times 😅 And like a week free from self harm in general, and mostly happens when I'm angry, which is like all the time 😐 Aw well done honey! ❤

Thank you!
  • Options
    Leila wrote: »
    Omg!!!!! I'm so proud of youuuuuuuuu 😘 I'm 2 years free from cutting although I relapsed a few times 😅 And like a week free from self harm in general, and mostly happens when I'm angry, which is like all the time 😐 Aw well done honey! ❤

Thank you!

No problem! 💗
  • Options

Thank you!

No problem! 💗

💞💞
  • Options

Thank you!

No problem! 💗

💞💞

❤💕❤💞❤‍🩹
  • Options

Thank you!

No problem! 💗

💞💞

❤💕❤💞❤‍🩹

💞💞💞☺
  • Options

Thank you!

No problem! 💗

💞💞

❤💕❤💞❤‍🩹

💞💞💞☺

😊💞❤💕❤
  • Options

Thank you!

No problem! 💗

💞💞

❤💕❤💞❤‍🩹

💞💞💞☺

😊💞❤💕❤

☺💞☺🥺
  • Options

Thank you!

No problem! 💗

💞💞

❤💕❤💞❤‍🩹

💞💞💞☺

😊💞❤💕❤

☺💞☺🥺

🤗☺🤗🤗🤗☺❤💞🥹
  • Options

Thank you!

No problem! 💗

💞💞

❤💕❤💞❤‍🩹

💞💞💞☺

😊💞❤💕❤

☺💞☺🥺

🤗☺🤗🤗🤗☺❤💞🥹

🥺☺🥰
  • Options

Thank you!

No problem! 💗

💞💞

❤💕❤💞❤‍🩹

💞💞💞☺

😊💞❤💕❤

☺💞☺🥺

🤗☺🤗🤗🤗☺❤💞🥹

🥺☺🥰

🥺💞❤💕
  • Options

Thank you!

No problem! 💗

💞💞

❤💕❤💞❤‍🩹

💞💞💞☺

😊💞❤💕❤

☺💞☺🥺

🤗☺🤗🤗🤗☺❤💞🥹

🥺☺🥰

🥺💞❤💕

🥰☺
  • Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl

Awwww that's wonderful! Proud of you! ❤️
  • Options

Awwww that's wonderful! Proud of you! ❤️

Thanks!
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Immensely glad to hear this for you @Leila <3 the pride you must feel is awesome !!! Always continue to treat yourself with care and give yourself room and space to feel whatever emotions might come, you've got this =) xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDM wrote: »
    Immensely glad to hear this for you @Leila <3 the pride you must feel is awesome !!! Always continue to treat yourself with care and give yourself room and space to feel whatever emotions might come, you've got this =) xx

Omg, thank you🥺🥰xx
  • Options
    Scared ill relapse
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    That's great to hear!

This is a big goal to achieve!
    I wish you all the best, @Leila , for real!

A huge hug from your pal

Cosmo.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote: »
    That's great to hear!

This is a big goal to achieve!
    I wish you all the best, @Leila , for real!

A huge hug from your pal

Cosmo.

Thank you Cosmo!
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Well done from me too @Leila. That is something you can feel proud of. I am glad to hear you recognise this too. How are you feeling about being a month free from self-harm at the moment? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Well done from me too @Leila. That is something you can feel proud of. I am glad to hear you recognise this too. How are you feeling about being a month free from self-harm at the moment? :)

I relapsed but, I'll try to keep going buy I feel guilty I did it, but things can get tricky
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    edited May 2022
    Really glad to hear that you're going to try really hard to keep going, it's really impressive that you're able to still think positively @Leila <3 I know after a relapse you can be left feeling so much self-blame and like progress is ruined, but I promise you that definitely isn't the case, coming through this journey with self-harm can take time, and I'm grateful that you are bringing us with you on it, because we will cheer you on no matter what happens xx
  • Options
    AislingDM wrote: »
    Really glad to hear that you're going to try really hard to keep going, it's really impressive that you're able to still think positively <3 I know after a relapse you can be left feeling so much self-blame and like progress is ruined, but I promise you that definitely isn't the case, coming through this journey with self-harm can take time, and I'm grateful that you are bringing us with you on it, because we will cheer you on no matter what happens xx

It's not worked 😭 I'm now getting told I'm staying in 😭
  • Options
    enorth1enorth1 Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Leila, its been a couple of days, I just wanted to check in on how you are doing? I understand staying in might not be the outcome you'd hoped for. Your self harm journey might not always feel like its moving forward in a straight line and that can sometimes feel frustrating but I know how hard you are trying and that takes a lot of strength. We are all here to support you through the ups and the downs, and thank you for being so open and honest about everything with us. You mentioned 'it's not worked', I wondered if you would be comfortable elaborating for me what hasn't worked? Did you mean trying to stay positive maybe? Sending lots of love x
  • Options
    enorth1 wrote: »
    Hi @Leila, its been a couple of days, I just wanted to check in on how you are doing? I understand staying in might not be the outcome you'd hoped for. Your self harm journey might not always feel like its moving forward in a straight line and that can sometimes feel frustrating but I know how hard you are trying and that takes a lot of strength. We are all here to support you through the ups and the downs, and thank you for being so open and honest about everything with us. You mentioned 'it's not worked', I wondered if you would be comfortable elaborating for me what hasn't worked? Did you mean trying to stay positive maybe? Sending lots of love x

Hey!

What hasn't worked is, that I was a month free from self harm and the next day I did it, so I just feel like I've made myself fuck up, so I just hated myself in that moment, because I was doing so well and now I'm not, if that makes sense?

Thank you! X
  • Options
    enorth1enorth1 Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    @Leila thank you for clarifying for me! I can really feel from your messages how hard you're trying and it's not an easy journey at all. I hope this last week has been okay for you x
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Leila Firstly massive congrats on the one month free of self harm, You mentioned that you had relapsed, but one month is a big achievement in itself when in recovery so well done <3

It seems that you are having some bad feelings about yourself since the relapse and these feelings are completely valid. Would you like to talk about if there was a trigger for the relapse?

Jade :)

• Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    Leila massive well done on that month self harm free!!!! im so sorry youre struggling and we're all here for you
    <3 but your acheivement is still absolutely massive and we all just know that you can go for a month again and even break that record and go further!!!!

some actual advice now (wow can you believe it??? me giving real advice)
    it can be really hard sometimes to have a goal of "stopping" or "not doing" something, because thinking about not doing the thing, makes you think about doing the thing. what can work better (no promises, but try it out!!) is to think of something you CAN do instead of the thing you want to do, e.g. ive been SH free for just over a year but the goal was never to stop SHing, it was to start writing down my thoughts if i need to vent and to help me articulate and make sense what im going through

i have to reiterate the no promises part x

but Leila absolutely massive hugs, i hope things look up for you soon, we all care about and are all here for you and are fighting your corner!!! fight for the life you deserve <3
  • Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Owl wrote: »
    Leila massive well done on that month self harm free!!!! im so sorry youre struggling and we're all here for you
    <3 but your acheivement is still absolutely massive and we all just know that you can go for a month again and even break that record and go further!!!!

some actual advice now (wow can you believe it??? me giving real advice)
    it can be really hard sometimes to have a goal of "stopping" or "not doing" something, because thinking about not doing the thing, makes you think about doing the thing. what can work better (no promises, but try it out!!) is to think of something you CAN do instead of the thing you want to do, e.g. ive been SH free for just over a year but the goal was never to stop SHing, it was to start writing down my thoughts if i need to vent and to help me articulate and make sense what im going through

i have to reiterate the no promises part x

but Leila absolutely massive hugs, i hope things look up for you soon, we all care about and are all here for you and are fighting your corner!!! fight for the life you deserve <3

This is so thoughtful!