Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

People commenting on my scars.

LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
I dont like how my friends are rude when they constantly stare at my arms, it's wrong that they judge me because I am different when it comes to wearing short sleeved tops, I feel different because they make me feel like I am not apart of the world, I don't know how else without being bullied because of my scars that I can not feel useless and ashamed that I'm ugly in my own body, I aren't saying that things are their fault but I am trying to live my life without being commented on every time I meet up with my friends they go, oh why is there more etc, like it's not nice. I'm trying to not let it get to me but I can't help I can't keep it in much longer, because it's upsetting me that the only reason my friends talk to me is because I have scars and shit on my arms and legs, I'm gutted I don't have proper friends who support me like I support them, it's wrong but I caused this so it's my fault. 😭

Comments

• awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Hi Leila,it's wrong that their commenting on your scars, but you know what? You may have scars but that just shows your a survivor, you've has a lot of shit happen in your life, and you've got them to show for it but they still shouldn't comments on them have you asked them to stop? And could it help that way do you think?
  • LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Hi Leila,it's wrong that their commenting on your scars, but you know what? You may have scars but that just shows your a survivor, you've has a lot of shit happen in your life, and you've got them to show for it but they still shouldn't comments on them have you asked them to stop? And could it help that way do you think?

Hi,

I've tried telling them that I don't like how their making me feel, but they just keep doing it especially if I don't wear a hoodie or something, I just feel like if I tell them to stop then they'll just carry on, so I don't know.

Leila
    I think you should talk to them they may carry on but all that matters is that you would have told them cause it's better them knowing then not knowing at all you get me?
    I think you should talk to them they may carry on but all that matters is that you would have told them cause it's better them knowing then not knowing at all you get me?

I have told them though, even if I just say the someone I don't like it they take the piss and it makes me worse that I'm gross
    No you gross? No way scars don't make you ugly, they make you unique and you are
    No you gross? No way scars don't make you ugly, they make you unique and you are

Just, I'm never going to go through life, without being bullied.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    Hey

I have a similar issue where I have scars on my legs and arms, and people do make comments about it to the point I won't wear shorts or short sleeved shirts.

I would try and explain the situation to your friends, and explain how you feel when they are saying things about it. You should be able to wear what you want without people making comments about it.

Hope you are ok <3

Thank you Lorry, I'm sorry you have to go through that, sending all my love to you, its cruel because I say o them that it hurts that when people pick me out of the group, just because of my scars that they decide to hurt me.
    I'm currently on way to my sisters but, I was on facetime and I had a short sleeved top on ready for the party and she said why does your arm look like that, it's not healthy.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2022
    That sounds really difficult @Leila. What do you think might help to make this feel more manageable for you?

I was also wondering if you would like to tell us a little bit more about how you are feeling and managing at the moment? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    That sounds really difficult @Leila. What do you think might help to make this feel more manageable for you?

I was also wondering if you would like to tell us a little bit more about how you are feeling and managing at the moment? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)

Hey,

I'm not managing great, but thanks!
    Hey @Leila

It sounds really difficult that you are not managing great. Would you like to share more with us about what not managing great currently looks like for you? We are all here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hey @Leila

It sounds really difficult that you are not managing great. Would you like to share more with us about what not managing great currently looks like for you? We are all here for you if you would like to share more with us :)

It's all to do with my mum, and how's she's saying she wishes I was dead, I'm safe but it's just not nice that she's treating me like that, you know?

Leila
    edited May 2022
    I hear you @Leila. You have been really brave in sharing that with us. No one has the right to do or say anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Can we ask you if you feel safe at the moment, please? We just care about you and your health and safety. If not, the following supports might be helpful:
    • Call 999 or go to your nearest a & e if you feel unsafe or have any concerns about your health and safety
    • Childline - Call 0800 1111, log in for a 1-2-1 counsellor chat or send an email from your Childline locker
    • The Mix's Crisis Messenger - Text THEMIX to 85258

Please keep us in the loop. We are all here for you :)
    I hear you @Leila. No one has the right to do or say anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Can we ask you if you feel safe at the moment, please? We just care about you and your health and safety. If not, the following supports might be helpful:
    • Call 999 or go to your nearest a & e if you feel unsafe or have any concerns about your health and safety
    • Childline - Call 0800 1111, log in for a 1-2-1 counsellor chat or send an email from your Childline locker
    • The Mix's Crisis Messenger - Text THEMIX to 85258

Please keep us in the loop. We are all here for you :)

Thanks Laura,

I am safe thank you! But thank you! 😊
    You are welcome @Leila. I am glad to hear you are safe. If you would like to share more with us, we are all here for you. I hope things get better for you soon :)
    You are welcome @Leila. I am glad to hear you are safe. If you would like to share more with us, we are all here for you. I hope things get better for you soon :)

Thank you- I just wish the world would let me be me without having to worry about being judged because of my arms, you know?
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Leila
    That sounds really upsetting to have people judge what they don't understand. It takes strength to get through each day, and nobody deserves to be treated like that, particularly when others don't understand what you've been dealing with or what you've been through. I have similar scars and am always fearful to have them on show because of other people's opinions but at the end of the day, we got through and we're still here and that's an incredible step, particularly when dealing with pain and distress. I'm really proud of you Leila <3
    Brookee wrote: »
    Hey @Leila
    That sounds really upsetting to have people judge what they don't understand. It takes strength to get through each day, and nobody deserves to be treated like that, particularly when others don't understand what you've been dealing with or what you've been through. I have similar scars and am always fearful to have them on show because of other people's opinions but at the end of the day, we got through and we're still here and that's an incredible step, particularly when dealing with pain and distress. I'm really proud of you Leila <3

I am not letting people get to me, as I am strong x
    You are showing so much strength @Leila. We hear you and are here with you.

However, it is understandable that you might find people's judgement difficult. It reflects the situation more than it reflects you.

No one has the right to do or say anything that makes you feel uncomfortable and that includes (but is not limited to) judgement! <3
    You are showing so much strength @Leila. We hear you and are here with you.

However, it is understandable that you might find people's judgement difficult. It reflects the situation more than it reflects you.

No one has the right to do or say anything that makes you feel uncomfortable and that includes (but is not limited to) judgement! <3

Hey thanks.

I've not had comments in few days as I've been in hospital, but I'm fine now. ( I hope lol!)
    Yeah well unfortunately my mum saw my recent ones, she says it's disgusting