Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

There is no place for me in this world

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I am still struggling with the degree and I find no joy in it. I feel stupid. Why so many people can start the next chapter in their lives but I can't? I feel stuck.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 457 Listening Ear
    @Kate_20 Hi, I'm so sorry that you feel this way. Keeping up with your studies is so difficult and it's perfectly normal to feel unhappy with the way that things are.

Please remember that we all live different lives. There is no specific time for you to get a degree, to get a job, or to get married. You may feel like you're going nowhere as you see everybody else advancing through life, but you're doing just fine, and you will move on to the next stage of your life eventually, you just don't know it yet. :)

Have you spoken to anyone you trust about how you're currently feeling? Sharing how you feel is very important and can really help sometimes. If you're uncomfortable talking to family or friends, we're here for you.

You're doing well, you can get through this! <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    It’s understandable you are still struggling with the degree @Kate_20. You are doing really well to keep trying to get this degree. I can see you really want this degree.

Is there anything, in particular, which is causing you to still struggle with the degree and make you feel stupid and have no joy in it? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kate_20

Degrees are really difficult and I know you've been dealing with a lot at the moment, it's perfectly understandable to find it more difficult than others but it doesn't invalidate you or your worth. Sometimes we take longer than others to achieve things but it doesn't mean that we're not good enough or someone is better than us, you probably have incredible talents in other areas that other people don't. You're absolutely incredible and inspiring for getting through each day, particularly when you're dealing with depression, Kate. It's okay to feel stuck at times, life moves at different paces for each of us, and you're doing the best you can within your circumstances and that is honestly more than enough. Sending you no end of love <3