Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feeling let down

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,969 Community Veteran
if u feel let down is it right to let tht person know who is supposed to do their job
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    if u feel let down is it right to let tht person know who is supposed to do their job

Yes of course it is to let someone know you feel let down by them, I am also sorry to hear you feel let down, you don't deserve to feel like that! If you feel slightly anxious to tell someone, take a trusted adult or friend with you, or you could write then a email about it!

Sending my love,

Leila
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi Ellie,

It sounds like you're feeling let down right now. This sounds difficult, so sending love and support your way. If you'd like to share more about what it is that you're feeling let down about, please know that we are here to listen

I agree with Leila. You deserve to feel heard and supported, it's okay to voice your feelings if you feel you would like to. Take good care :heart:
  • Options
    i think the world is ending so i panic. instead of running round town, going oo_ er errmmm. wee-splash.
    i tell ppl how i feel head one
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Telling people how you feel takes courage so this shows a lot of strength - well done :blush: You mention you think the world is ending. This sounds like a really tricky feeling. I wonder if you know what it is that makes you feel that? I also wonder whether you have any coping strategies to cope with these feelings?
  • Options
    i have flashbacks and sometimes it feels like im in the park every now and again where i got r_p_d n tied up n i still feel it emotionally today. r hallucinations normal with ptsd
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i suffered some abuse in my house too, their gone now. :) since 2013. but ghost still linger, thts why i play games and do keyboard 4 music for distraction but someday those activities dont distract me wen i am too far gone so i just go to bed until it pass
    is tht healthy?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2022
    Thanks for sharing this with us @ellie2000. It takes a lot of strength to open up the way you have.

It sounds really difficult for you that you got raped, tied up and abused. It is understandable that you are still struggling today.

In terms of your question "r hallucinations normal with ptsd?", the NHS provides this information about what PTSD may look like. Though, it is important to remember that PTSD affects everyone in different ways and to acknowledge how you feel and what you experience.

It is really positive to hear you know some things which might help you - for example, playing games and keyboard for music for distraction. I am hearing that these don't always help though, especially when you are too far gone. In response to question "is tht healthy?" - how does going to bed until it passes feel for you?

Some supports that might be able to help you further include:

Please keep us in the loop with how you are feeling. We are all here for you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i go to bed b4 i think of doin something dangerous, and i sleep sometimes to the next day
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    i go to bed b4 i think of doin something dangerous, and i sleep sometimes to the next day

Hi Ellie,

I am sorry you feel like doing bad things, can I ask are you feeling safe at the moment? If not, please reach out!
    How are things going for you? Do you have enough support around you as you deserve to be supported especially with these tough thoughts,

Leila
  • Options
    I do feel gd now atm, I hav à zoom lesson on Mondays. Beyond that I've had lots of therapy dna where to go next, r there mind services near Norwich
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Moving tht direction soon 😀😀
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Hey Ellie, how's going?
  • Options
    I wish the move would hurry
    I need to move town