Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Book recommendations?

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey guys just a nice one today

So basically, my English teacher gives us this thing every Wednesday where we have to read, and I'm running a bit low on reading material at the moment so I was wondering, well not running low there's a lot of books on my shelf that I haven't even touched lol, but I was wondering if you guys could recommend me any books cause it would really help me out and I don't mind what book it is as long as their not little kids books cause my English teacher will freak lol 😂
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion

So basically, my English teacher gives us this thing every Wednesday where we have to read, and I'm running a bit low on reading material at the moment so I was wondering, well not running low there's a lot of books on my shelf that I haven't even touched lol, but I was wondering if you guys could recommend me any books cause it would really help me out and I don't mind what book it is as long as their not little kids books cause my English teacher will freak lol 😂

Favourite book writers?
  • Options

Favourite book writers?

Honestly, I really don't mind I'm up for any books as long as their between like, 12-18? Or possibly more because that's the kind of book she wants us to read oof terrible right? Lol
  • Options

Favourite book writers?

Honestly, I really don't mind I'm up for any books as long as their between like, 12-18? Or possibly more because that's the kind of book she wants us to read oof terrible right? Lol

Um I've read half this book, it's awesome To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Another book that's on my shelf well the family shelf is- you've probably heard of it- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling you could also listen to audio books on kindle
  • Options
    Oh yeah I've heard of how to kill a mockingbird, defo heard of Harry potter because my cousins and a few of my friends are into them I've never really been into it but I'll give it a try also thinking of looking at fanfiction although that by itself is scary lol
  • Options
    Oh yeah I've heard of how to kill a mockingbird, defo heard of Harry potter because my cousins and a few of my friends are into them I've never really been into it but I'll give it a try also thinking of looking at fanfiction although that by itself is scary lol

Oh okay!
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    If you’re in to crime books there the one of us is lying series and the good girls guide to murder series they’re both teen books I think although TW
    They do mention suicide

I love reading but quite a lot of the books I read are a bit heavy lol. I read a lot of John Green when I was younger but even then that’s still a bit heavy. I also really loved the enemy series by Charlie Higson and Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    One of my most favourite books I've read is The Binding by Bridget Collins, it's quite twisty but has a lovely arc about love. I also really loved, The Last Ballad by Wiley Cash which is based on true events of mill strikers, I didn't really think I'd enjoy it so much, but it was so gripping.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    One book that is interesting and beautifully written, is The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers. It's about the Iraq war and delves into how Western soldiers become disillusioned with their role in harming other countries. It's very interesting as it's written by a former soldier. I must admit, it is rather violent. Would recommend for the beauty of the words alone xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.