Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Presentation

DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I have a poster conference later, I've never done one before and im so nervous, we have to do a 15 minute presentation to 2 different assessors so thats only half an hour, but the whole conference is three hours long standing there with our posters. Im so scared someones going to ask me a question I don't know or that I'll forget what I'm supposed to be saying
The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Dandelion
    I hope it all went okay today, you can only do your best and it's totally normal and understandable to be nervous about something so new. You're doing amazingly just by being there and doing your posters, you can only do your best and that's more than enough. How are you feeling after?
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Thanks @Brookee i feel okay the assessors were honestly giving me nothing like not really smiling or nodding but I managed to answer their questions okay so I’m happy about that
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Huge well done for getting through it <3 The anxiety surrounding presentations is immense and I'm always impressed when people are able to soldier through it!! I reckon the assessors try to remain as neutral as possible in their expressions just so that it doesn't convey anything about their marks/thoughts, so I wouldn't read too much into it if possible (I know that's easier said than done). Regardless though, I reckon an encouraging smile helps everyone, so more congrats for getting through it despite not getting that warm reassurance xxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,061 Wise Owl
    Congrats on getting through the presentation. I know how nerve-wracking they can be from my experiences at university, but the main thing is you got through it and could answer the questions - which is all that can be asked for. I'm sure you've done great (even if the assessors weren't giving much away). <3:)
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Congrats on getting through, they can be a challenging time! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.