Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Life updates

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hey guys long time no talk

So I thought I'd just make a little post updating your on how I've been πŸ’™

So to start, I've been out places in the span of two same days (Tuesdays) not with friends, with family and one of my cousins it was soooo fun! Idk if you guys know of a place called Resorts world in either Birmingham or Aston? I'm not sure but we went to an arcade and let me tell you I had a lot of fun and it also took my mind off of a few things cause I was really stressed that week if I remember. Also , the week after we went to the cinemas to watch Spiderman, the new one, and I didn't regret it it was a great experience!

Secondly, my class went to the city centre for a trip to this Thai place, and we went by train, it was my first experience riding on a train and I'd totally go by train some place out again because never going out you miss so much and I know that very well now.

Thirdly, I've been doing ok I'm still a little depressed but Im trying to keep myself entertained so I don't have another depression episode. But hey! I'm still here and smiling so that's a good thing!

Lastly, I've kind of got a sort of ish job, not like a proper job but yeah I'm writing this story on a thing called wattpad, and it takes up most of my time cause Im trying to write it while writing the Same story on a different page called Archive of our own, I think I understand the nightmares of working now lol, balancing that with school and home it's difficult but it's worth it! Also I've met a new friend through it, and she makes it more fun for me to be a fan of the story it's based off of because not a lot of people I know like it so it's hard sometimes lol but it's nice to have someone to talk to about it even if it's just one lol πŸ’–

Well anyway that's all from me! Also question of the day: how have you all been?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyGracey Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hey guys long time no talk

So I thought I'd just make a little post updating your on how I've been πŸ’™

So to start, I've been out places in the span of two same days (Tuesdays) not with friends, with family and one of my cousins it was soooo fun! Idk if you guys know of a place called Resorts world in either Birmingham or Aston? I'm not sure but we went to an arcade and let me tell you I had a lot of fun and it also took my mind off of a few things cause I was really stressed that week if I remember. Also , the week after we went to the cinemas to watch Spiderman, the new one, and I didn't regret it it was a great experience!

Secondly, my class went to the city centre for a trip to this Thai place, and we went by train, it was my first experience riding on a train and I'd totally go by train some place out again because never going out you miss so much and I know that very well now.

Thirdly, I've been doing ok I'm still a little depressed but Im trying to keep myself entertained so I don't have another depression episode. But hey! I'm still here and smiling so that's a good thing!

Lastly, I've kind of got a sort of ish job, not like a proper job but yeah I'm writing this story on a thing called wattpad, and it takes up most of my time cause Im trying to write it while writing the Same story on a different page called Archive of our own, I think I understand the nightmares of working now lol, balancing that with school and home it's difficult but it's worth it! Also I've met a new friend through it, and she makes it more fun for me to be a fan of the story it's based off of because not a lot of people I know like it so it's hard sometimes lol but it's nice to have someone to talk to about it even if it's just one lol πŸ’–

Well anyway that's all from me! Also question of the day: how have you all been?

Hii, thank you for the update on how you have been doing. It was great reading about some of the fun things you've been up to. Going to the arcades sounds fun :smile: I can't remember the last time I went to arcades, think it was with my dad on holiday when I was about 7 or 8. I remember they were pretty fun! It's cool that you went to see the new Spiderman as well, I've not seen it yet. I'll have to try and get it on dvd at some point soon.

I'm glad you enjoyed going on a train. They are really fun aren't they? I love watching the scenery go by on a train it's so peaceful and relaxing ^-^ I don't get out too much now because of my health but I would totally love to go on a train again soon.

I'm sorry you have been feeling depressed. That can't be easy. Do you have any support with this? I think you sound very positive and that's fab! It's important to keep smiling and try to be positive even when life gets you down. It sounds like you are doing so good with this. Well done I'm so proud of you :smile:

Your writing sounds great! I like to write as well. And it's fab you have made a friend as well and that she's into your writing. You must be super happy about that! It does sound exhausting though as you also have school and home in there as well. Make sure you don't tire yourself out too much!

Take care of yourself.

Best wishes,

Gracey xx
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Glad to hear that you're doing well and keeping busy @awesomeminecraft6789 it sounds like you've been having an excellent time out of the house lately that's wonderful to hear. :grin: It's important to celebrate when positive things happen and hopefully the good times keep rolling! Really impressive that you're managing to do so much writing at the moment too, if you ever feel like sharing some of your writing with the boards you can feel free to do so on the Creative category. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Thrilled to hear that you're keeping well and that you're trying to enjoy as much as life can offer you, I know even committed to big activities like trips out can be a lot, so well done to be honest =) I especially that you're feeling so passionate and driven in your writing, sometimes having that space to fully immerse yourself in is a dream. I love AO3 so very much, so love to hear that you're on there. Being able to share your craft with others who are equally as interested is both rewarding and amazing, keep it up <3

Super glad that you're working so hard to keep yourself entertained even when feeling depressed, which entertainment makes the biggest difference in your day-to-day would you say? xxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.