Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Share your experience of taking exams

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,034 Boards Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey everyone,

Some of you may have lots of exams coming up and we wanted to share your experience on our social media pages to help others who may be taking exams soon. How did you find the process and what helped you through those difficult moments?

If you'd like to share your experience, comment below. We can also keep your name anonymous if you prefer. Let us know what you would feel most comfortable with.

You can also take part anonymously by completing this form.

We're looking forward to hearing from you :)
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Not sure if this is quite what you are after, however here are a few things that I have reflected on, with full disclosure that it has been a little while since I did an exam!

So first thing that I only fully appreciated with hindsight - an exam is only a measure of a very specific bit of knowledge, it doesn't define who you are as a person and it certainly doesn't take into account all the many great things about you.

If you don't get the results you were hoping for, it's okay to feel the feelings you experience. The important thing though is to remember that there are so many different ways forward, so once you have processed those initial feelings, start thinking about what you want to do next, and speak to people who can help you plot out a route to whatever that goal is. It's been a while since I did my exams, but I don't think I have been asked about my grades in work or life since.

Finally, shout out to all the fellow procrastinators out there! If you are struggling to get going on something, ASK. FOR. HELP. ASAP!!! Even if it is just the case of someone helping you break things down into small and manageable tasks, that can make a big difference. If you are having days where you are really distracted, really push yourself to complete one thing before you stop for the day, it doesn't need to be a big task, but often the first step is the hardest and once you get started, it becomes easier. The longer you leave it, the less time you will have to catch up, and the harder the mountain will feel the next day.
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.