Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

🏅 Post of The Month | December & January

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
edited February 2022 in General Chat
Welcome to a slightly late POTM poll!

Here are the posts you nominated (full posts spoilered):

1) To anyone and everyone (@Distraction)
To anyone who's been through sh*t alone, cried alone, held feelings in, felt alone... lost, to anyone who's hurting and all the above

To anyone who feels like they're doing all this alone and no one really understand what's they've been through, when words fail and pain sets in, when life feels too much in such a dark and lonely place

I Just want to say well done, you've gotten so far and some day you'll look back and be so proud of who you've become, keep going

Sending lots and lots of love

2) Re: Getting on with it (@Laura_tigger82)
Hi @Willow

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

I am really glad to see the wonderful support @Brookee has already provided you with.

In line with @Brookee's support, I would just like to remind you that the only clock that matters is your own.

What matters the most is that you are comfortable, safe, and happy.

You will achieve all of the other things when you are ready! and when you find the right person for you :3

3) I'm Coming Out- A Poem (@Dancer)
Dancer wrote: »
This poem has been something that I have been thinking of writing for a long time and now I have decided that I am ready to come out and write this poem. Most of my experiences of trying to come out have been very negative and has caused me setbacks but it has given me even more determination to do this.

It is hard to put into words but I want to try
I feel ready to reveal what sexuality I am
It's time to come out and get it off my chest
This is me and I am trying my best
No it is not a phase and yes I am sure
I am a lesbian
And there should be no stigma about that
But some people find it funny to mock me for it
Just because I am lesbian doesn't mean I will flirt with every girl that I meet
Sometimes I want to keep quiet about it and I want people to respect that
I am a lesbian
It might not look that way to you
But it is what I am
It's time to stop hiding away
Today is the day
I will come out and say
I am a lesbian!
Relationships are not easy
But I feel happy with being me
My girlfriend cares a lot about me and she would be proud of me for coming out
It's time to open the closet and say it out loud

4) When Christmas is Hard (@Anch0r33)
Anch0r33 wrote: »
Hey all - I love spreading Christmas cheer as much as the next person, however I'm also aware that Christmas can be difficult for many!

Some people don't have any family - through estrangement, care experience, death or other factors. Some people find living at home tough. Some people have falling outs. Some people are homeless. Some people can't afford Christmas. Some people can't be with the ones they want to be with. The list goes on.

I'm here to share some of my ✨top tips✨ to help deal with Christmas, when Christmas isn't good for you.

Space - find yourself a quiet place that you can retreat to! This could be your bedroom, maybe the bathroom, somewhere in the garden or going for a walk. Set a plan prior to the day so that in the moment you can retreat even if your mind isn't thinking straight! ☃️

Time - take some time for yourself! If you notice that things are getting a bit overwhelming, take a step to your safe space. Use counting methods to help bring you back to your senses. Some people find it helpful counting to 10 or 100 or counting backwards from 1000. This distracts your brain and helps you become aware of your surroundings. ⛄

Pets - spend time with your pets, whether that be as your only companion or because you need calming, your pet is the perfect one for the job. They release endorphins which will help you to relax and feel happy! Also they love a little extra smoochin'! 🌲

Self Care - get yourself some Christmassy bath bombs, face masks, candles and body wash! Set yourself a cosy bath and ✨r✨e✨l✨a✨x✨, stick on a Christmas film, bake some gingerbread or do your favourite self care routine! 🎁

If Christmas isn't your thing and you need a distraction -

• music
• movie night - with your fav snacks
• go for a walk
• write something!
• clean your room
• bake/cook
• learn something new!
• redecorate your room
• donate something!

These are just my top tips but I'd love to hear yours! Add below suggestions of ways to distract and help Christmas go smoothly!

🎅🤶🎅🤶🎅🤶🎅🤶🎅🤶🎅🤶🎅🤶🎅

5) Re: Had a terrible second interview (@Brooke)
Brookee wrote: »
Hey @La_La
You are more than welcome, you deserve kindness when you're going through such a difficult time, and you've done the best you can, and that's all we can ask of you, and it's more than enough. Of course, it can take a while to process and deal with a setback that's caused you so much pain, and that's more than okay, you take as much time as you need. Your feelings are always valid, and you're more than welcome to reach out to us again if you're struggling, because we care a lot about you! It's very frustrating when it's something you feel you would've loved, but I know there's more things on the horizon for you, and something better will come along, it may take some time but again that's not a reflection upon you at all. I'm really proud of you! <3

6) Re: Gofundme (@Laura_tigger82)
Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl

Thanks for your response. Aww no, I am really sorry to hear that you are unable to post it here. However, I am glad it is going good so far. Hopefully, it will continue to go well and you will have the stairlift really soon!

I am also wondering though, have you tried to apply for a social care needs assessment? They might be able to fund you a stairlift depending on your circumstances! There is more information about social care needs assessment at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/.

Please do let us know if you want to talk to us further about this though or have any questions you stumble across! <3

Vote for your favourite by the end of February! The winner will get a badge (if they don't already have one) and they'll be shouted out in a message on the community.

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

🏅 Post of The Month | December & January 9 votes

To anyone and everyone
44% 4 votes
Re: Getting on with it
0% 0 votes
I'm Coming Out- A Poem
0% 0 votes
When Christmas is Hard
44% 4 votes
Re: Had a terrible second interview
11% 1 vote
Re: Gofundme
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @TheMix This is so unbelievably kind, thank you all so much for the nomination, I am so grateful! :)
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
    Congratulations @Distraction you've won Post of the Month! Well done to all of the nominees! Remember to keep a lookout for any posts you want to nominate this month :)

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 453 Listening Ear
    Aww, oh my gosh thank you <3 seeing this has just made my day tbh, thanks guys, sending much love to everyone