Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just introducing myself

Hi,

I'm Marcus. Stuck at home at my desk job and in my own head a little too much. Want to get out and meet people around my age group but my only hobby has been sitting on the PS4 so don't really have many other hobbies. Hoping to meet some people here to chat to, and maybe join some clubs n meetups where I live but not sure where to look or what's on. I've got hope for the future if I can get myself out there. Nice to be here 🤙🏼

Comments

• Options
    jugadorpreciosojugadorprecioso Posts: 2 Newbie
    -Jug
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @jugadorprecioso

Thanks for reaching out to us. It is great to see you have joined The Mix's community. How are you today?

What games, in particular, do you enjoy playing on the PS4? I am sure you will meet many people here who also enjoy playing PS4!

Unfortunately, we don't encourage or facilitate people meeting up in person. If you wanted to do this, you would need to find some local groups (perhaps through a quick Google search!).

However, we do have lots of wonderful people to chat with. We also have a film club at the moment if you would like to join it! You can find out more information about this at https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3600294/are-you-a-film-lover-join-our-now-watch-clubs-this-week#latest.

Please also feel free to get involved in any of the other discussions we have going on. You can typically find these by clicking the 'recent discussions' tab on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are on the community :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @jugadorprecioso

Welcome to The Mix, it's a pleasure to meet you! It's so wonderful to have you here, you're always more than welcome to reach out whenever you need, this is a safe space for you, and you're never alone in this! I love playing PS4 too, what kind of games do you play? You're doing amazing reaching out, that's always the first and hardest step, and we're really glad to have you here! Reach out whenever you need!! <3
  • Options
    gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Hey @jugadorprecioso - its great to have you as part of our supportive community. i empathese with you as i too work a desk job (working from home) with very little social interaction face to face. It can get lonely at times.

Theres lots of awesome people within the mix community and i think you'll love it here :P <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    silviamazzantinisilviamazzantini Posts: 1 Just got here
    Hey @jugadorprecioso

Welcome! It's great to have you here.

I think loneliness is something that a lot of us have had to deal with in the last year. But joining this community is a great first step to overcoming loneliness, so well done for reaching out!

I am sure you will find many people who will share your interests on here. Feel free to engage in the Discussions we have going on!

Hope you enjoy your experience here :)