Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Counties effectèd

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
edited February 2022 in Politics & Debate
Is Poland in the firing line
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Are you talking about the situation with Russia and Ukraine, Ellie?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    yh
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    I guess it's difficult to say Ellie - I don't think anyone can be sure what's going to happen when war breaks out. Poland borders Ukraine and Belarus which both border Russia, so I suppose it depends what happens. What do you think? Is this something you're worried about?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    People hav already been wiped out in Ukraine, will the destruction spread over? I am worried about the stupid decisions Putin has made. Isn't wat he's doing illegal?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Poland is a member of NATO whereas Ukraine is not, and so I think it would be less likely that Putin would attack them. This is because NATO has a rule that if you attack one member, you are effectively attacking everyone, and so I don't think Putin would want a war with the US and other major military powers.

What Putin is doing is illegal, however there isn't much that can be done at the moment, because they have veto powers at the United Nations and so it is likely that the west will continue to punish Russia through economic sanctions, whilst strengthening their military presence in neighbouring countries.
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    he's breaching international law
    Crazy mad insane