Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is your best tip for self-care?

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
edited January 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi everyone,

We're running a new campaign at The Mix all about relationships with friends, family, partners, and self and we'd love to have you involved!

We're creating a short video, collating together different people's best tips for self-care.

Help us create an amazing video that can reach 1000s of other young people!

We're looking to hear what your best tip for self-care is. Drop it in the comments below and we'll use this to create the video for The Mix's social media channels.

If you'd like to take part anonymously, you can complete this form.
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Aife

Thanks for your post. You might find @Brooke's thread 'look after you!' particularly useful for this. You can find it at https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3600311/look-after-you#latest. I hope this helps :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    To take time to do the stuff you like and enjoy, like watching TV, reading, doing some crafts
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Hey @Dandelion

Thanks for sharing your self-care tips with us! I think making time for it is super important. It is certainly the first step in the right direction. Do you enjoy anything particular on TV, to read, or types of craft? :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,877 Extreme Poster
    Actually make time for it! Most of us know what kinds of things to do for self-care, but sometimes we're not so good at actually creating some space in our busy lives to do them. So if you've got a lot on, make sure to create some time that you dedicate to it x
  • Options
    Hey @Azziman

Well done and thank you for sharing your tip. I sense a common theme between your post and @Dandelion's which is to make time for self-care. Making time for it is really important and certainly the first step in the right direction. What do you enjoy doing as self-care as it is different for everyone? :3
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all of your tips everyone, this is going to make a great video!

There's still time to take part, we'd love as many self-care tips as possible. If you'd like to take part anonymously, you can complete this form. :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Thanks @Aife for your response. I am looking forward to hearing all the self-care tips. Does anyone else have any self-care tips? I will look forward to watching the video :3
  • Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Laura_tigger82 One major self-care tip is don't feel the pressure to make a self-care routine. Self-care can be something minor like 5 minutes of complete mindfulness. I think when we overcomplicate self-care and compare ourselves to (rich) people, it isn't really caring for ourselves anymore.
  • Options
    Hey @maryam852

Thanks for sharing your tip with us too. I agree. It is a very good point indeed. Different things help us at different times so it is really important to be flexible with what self-care looks like and when we need it :3
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    My top self care tip will always be the quote I use below 👇
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Super important @Lucy307. Thanks for sharing your top self-care tip. How very valued indeed. I think it is always easier to be kind to a friend than ourselves <3
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Hi everyone,

Lots of you took part in our self-care video and I wanted to share the final video that was posted on our social media pages. The video looks amazing thanks to your great self-care tips! You shouldn't need an account to watch the video, hopefully these links will work for you :)

Instagram -

Twitter -
    Facebook - https://fb.watch/b3si_G826S/