Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What keeps you going?

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hi Guys

What keeps you going when people are bothering you to the point where you spend two days In a bad mood but not showing because you don't want people asking what's wrong? Because as I mentioned in my last post, my ex is trying to ruin my life and you guys know the reasons I don't want to talk about them again because I'll just get peed off again so what keeps you going? Because it tires me to have someone who you dumped two years ago and technically I think is with someone else so you'd probably think oh shouldn't she be happy? You'd think so. But no. I'm still mad at the person who dumped me I'm not going to lie but I'm not going to let that get in. The way of a supposed "friendship" but this one is constantly trying to hurt me and since I'm with someone else now I don't want to ruin another one.

It's so stupid honestly, it's déjà vu from last year cause the same thing happened and I'm trying to keep myself happy this is what I mean by what keeps you going because being with someone else, I'm happy now, happy ish cause depression takes over on good days, I've spent most of today playing Security Breach if you guys know what that game is, as it took my mind off it but it is still driving me crazy, am I going insane? Is that what that feels like? I really can't be sure anymore, I want to really put her straight but I don't wanna hurt her feelings or make her cry, but she drove me so far up the wall Friday that I feel like I should but I don't want to get told off.

How do you guys cope with things like this? Because it is starting to irritate me

Comments

• Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789

I'm so sorry to hear about the challenging situation you are in. I can see why you are irritated and frustrated. You have shown you are the bigger person by moving on with your life and not reacting badly to her. I think maybe she is still hurt by what has happened and is not truly happy with her new partner, therefore wants to get your attention in any way she can.

To answer your question of what keeps you going - for me the things that keep me going through tough periods of time are comfort TV shows or series such as modern family and gossip girl (ones I can rely on to put me in a better mood) or reading a book that will keep my mind occupied! Obviously these will not be the same for everyone but I hope it helps! <3
  • Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Hi @daisyella12

Thanks for your reply! Surprisingly I haven't seen either of those programs are they any good? Cause I might add it to my list of TV shows to watch and I'm a big reader so that could help as well! I just wish she'd understand that I'm happy now kind of
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    Good morning @awesomeminecraft6789

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.
    Unfortunately, we aren't able to control what people think about us. Would we want to though? The people who are meant for us see our worth and strengths. I would say try and focus on your worth, skills, and enjoyments! You know you have been a much kinder person in this situation.

You might also like to talk to us, or Childline (https://www.childline.org.uk/) about how you are feeling or write about how you feel. Sometimes it helps to offload just as much as it does to escape emotions. It is okay not to be okay sometimes (in fact, it is perfectly normal).

It might also help if you are able to spend time away from her and spend more time with the people who love you, are supportive of you, and are kind to you. Try and create a safe, comforting, and enjoyable space for yourself. That will look different for each and every one of us, but I am sure you know what that looks like for you. If not though, we will be more than happy to explore this with you.

Please remember, you are never alone, and we are here for you and listening to you! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @awesomeminecraft6789 I am glad to hear that you are happy with your new partner, and as @Laura_tigger82 said, you need to decide the best approach for you, whether that is expressing your emotions or distracting yourself from them. Both approaches are useful at different times and only you will know what is best for yourself!

Gossip girl is my all time favourite TV show I have watched it multiple times :) It has got a mixture of everything in (romance, scandals etc.) so it depends whether that is something you are interested in. Since you're into reading, a book seems like a good idea if you did want to take your mind off things!

I hope things start to get better for you, we are here for you <3
  • Options
    Hey @daisyella12

Thanks for your response, and for continuing to be supportive. Your support for our community members is always acknowledged and appreciated. Your tips are really varied and could be beneficial for many people! What sorts of books would you recommend in particular? :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 Thank you for acknowledging this <3 I also appreciate the big part in the mix community that you play so thank you for that! :)

I am currently reading working hard hardly working which is a book about being happy in your work, I have also ready a few manifestation books such as good vibes good life. My favourite type of books are those relating to finding happiness in my life :) I have found these have changed my mindset and enabled me to appreciate and be grateful for the small things in life which ultimately make me happier <3
  • Options
    Hey @daisyella12

Thanks so much for your kind response. Your kind words really do mean a lot to me. I do try to make a difference here at The Mix and I am glad you can see that! Aww, those books sound really good. I am glad you are enjoying reading them, they sound great :3